Who Next? - Page 32 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so either but there's no question that the way it ended at Gretna was a mess and damaged his rep.

I'd have no problem with Ro getting the job, I understand why some might not have forgiven him for the way things went between us and Gretna but tbh I think they're being a wee bit precious.

It would be a bit sad if we can employ a rat like Novo with all his baggage while turning our backs on someone with Ro's contribution to the club.

My objection to Alexander isn't because of anything he said about Morton in his time with Gretna, it's because he isn't a very good manager and appointing him would guarantee relegation.

Apologies if you're not serious and you're just joining LargsTON and Andy Brady in the trolling, in which case carry on.  ^_^

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I'd really like someone to explain why they want shiels. I've said a few times that I'm really not convinced, but perhaps I'm missing something.

I'm ambivalent about Shiels.  On the plus side he won the League Cup, his Kilmarnock team played good football and he was keen to introduce youth at Rugby Park.

On the other hand his overall record at Kilmarnock was pretty average, and he only became a demi-god in the eyes of the Killie fans after getting the boot by a reviled chairman.  He doesn't have any other noteworthy managerial achievements as far as I can see.  He also strikes me as a bit of an egomaniac, trying to court media attention by coming out with (usually quite calculated) controversial statements.

I think it would be quite an interesting journey under Shiels but I'm not sure if it would be a successful one.

Guest Andy Brady

Gus McPherson
Ian McCall

John Robertson

Billy Dodds

Hoppy

Mark McLaughlin

Gordon Chisolm

Jim Duffy

Rowan Alexander

Andy Brady and Bluebird Ton Joint Management Team

Feel free to add any other confirmed applicants

Is this just your thoughts or what?  Where is Shiels, i thought he had confirmed his application in the tele?  I also thought Reid was confirmed as well, or was that just someone's opinion that he had.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

I'm ambivalent about Shiels.  On the plus side he won the League Cup, his Kilmarnock team played good football and he was keen to introduce youth at Rugby Park.

On the other hand his overall record at Kilmarnock was pretty average, and he only became a demi-god in the eyes of the Killie fans after getting the boot by a reviled chairman.  He doesn't have any other noteworthy managerial achievements as far as I can see.  He also strikes me as a bit of an egomaniac, trying to court media attention by coming out with (usually quite calculated) controversial statements.

I think it would be quite an interesting journey under Shiels but I'm not sure if it would be a successful one.

You may be right, but when you hear the other names mentioned like Marko, Hopkin, Alexander, John Robertson etc. it makes you think Shiels may not be all that bad an idea!

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Is this just your thoughts or what?  Where is Shiels, i thought he had confirmed his application in the tele?  I also thought Reid was confirmed as well, or was that just someone's opinion that he had.

Reid is assistant manager at Ostersunds as of last week. Do keep up.  :P 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

You may be right, but when you hear the other names mentioned like Marko, Hopkin, Alexander, John Robertson etc. it makes you think Shiels may not be all that bad an idea!

I would be quite happy with John Robertson but the rest don't fill me with confidence.  I would rather we got Shiels than most of the other candidates.

Looking at the shortlist, Billy Dodds strikes me as a DDF-type appointment.

Reid is assistant manager at Ostersunds as of last week. Do keep up.  :P 

I was talking about Brian Reid numptybaws!  :P  I know he is in the Phillipines managing a team & the U-23s but people on last week saying he had applied.

I met John Robertson after a Scotland game a while back and we got talking about football and Morton.  He told me he applied twice for the Ton job and on one of the occasions, he never even got a response.  To say he was annoyed about it and DDR's professionalism in general would be an understatement!

May just have been sour grapes at the time mind you!

I was talking about Brian Reid numptybaws!  :P  I know he is in the Phillipines managing a team & the U-23s but people on last week saying he had applied.

Oooooops, apologies.  :blush:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Gus McPherson

Ian McCall

John Robertson

Billy Dodds

Hoppy

Mark McLaughlin

Gordon Chisolm

Jim Duffy

Rowan Alexander

Andy Brady and Bluebird Ton Joint Management Team

Feel free to add any other confirmed applicants

where did you get this list from or is it just your own short list . I hope our next manager isn't coming out of this motley crew ..........god help us

Can we exclude the use of generic phrases like his 'team played good football' and 'keen to introduce youth'. You don't even know if these are true. Just use your own words instead of all this guff.

20 years in Irish league and no one came near. Stay well clear of this guy.

I met John Robertson after a Scotland game a while back and we got talking about football and Morton.  He told me he applied twice for the Ton job and on one of the occasions, he never even got a response.  To say he was annoyed about it and DDR's professionalism in general would be an understatement!

May just have been sour grapes at the time mind you!

In fairness, if I applied for the job I wouldn't expect a response as I know I've got absolutely no chance of getting it and there's no need for the club to waste their time replying. John Robertson should expect the same treatment.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived