Who Next? - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has to be experienced. Even if only until end of season. Hopkins Hartley etc may be for future but we need someone who has been there,done it and will not panic as we are in a relegation battle.

Reid,Calderwood McGlynn or Jimmy NIcholl would all do for me.

Has to be experienced. Even if only until end of season. Hopkins Hartley etc may be for future but we need someone who has been there,done it and will not panic as we are in a relegation battle.

Reid,Calderwood McGlynn or Jimmy NIcholl would all do for me.

Yeah, McGlynn's going to leave Livingston, where he's been for two months, to come to Morton.  :huh:

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I don't understand the clamour to give the job to Hopkin. Can someone explain that one to me?

He plays fives with some of the roasters on here and fed them asinine 'inside knowledge', which makes him the next Mourinho. The next manager cannot be an inexperienced gamble and Shiels is the best qualified contender. The only issue could be whether he hangs on for word from Inverness, but otherwise it's a complete no-brainer.

Wouldn't be opposed to Billy Reid, possibly Aitken though it's a daunting task at such an early stage in his career.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Kenny Shiels would absolutely kick their arse into gear. Wasn't overly keen on Billy Reid before, but wouldn't be totally adverse to that appointment now.

Hartley etc would be absolutely mad to come to us!

Neil Warnock would he incredible but can't see it.

A few weeks ago, nutter Czaba Laslo ex Hearts was looking for a job back in Scotland! Sack that he's mental is he not?

Kenny Shiels would absolutely kick their arse into gear. Wasn't overly keen on Billy Reid before, but wouldn't be totally adverse to that appointment now.

Hartley etc would be absolutely mad to come to us!

Neil Warnock would he incredible but can't see it.

A few weeks ago, nutter Czaba Laslo ex Hearts was looking for a job back in Scotland! Sack that he's mental is he not?

Having Warnock, Imrie and Novo involved with Morton would make us the most hated team in the UK let alone Scotland. :lol:

No chance Warnock will want the hassle of dealing with club football at this level.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Then why did they appoint Butcher? 

Because he's a good manager.

Our chances of getting either Hartley or Murray are slim as both are very highly regarded young managers destined for a higher level.

If we have the slightest chance of getting any of the two of them then we should welcome with open arms.

No other candidate stands out at the moment for me.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Got to be Billy Reid. He's got experience in this league and a great ability to work with younger players. He's the man to pick the players up and take us up the league. McLaughlin to be his assistant also. Saying that, I wouldn't be overly dissapointed if we appointed Paul Hartley or Neil Warnock. But not a chance is Kenny Shields/John Hughes/Colin Cameron/ Ian Murray/ David Hopkins the man for the job. I also wouldn't mind John Robertson.

We have a good team there waiting for the new manager to come in, giving each player a clean slate to try and impress and get in the team. Hope Rae makes the correc decision.

Archived