Who Next? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't surprise me if Dougie has someone lined up already.

When McInally was fired, Rae moved swiftly to bring in Irons and Collins, suggesting that he had them lined up beforehand, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing.

Kenny Shiels is the outstanding out-of-work candidate for me, worked wonders with that Killie team and won them a cup. Of those in work, Paul Hartley or Ian Murray would be good, but both will be looking higher up the food chain than us at the moment I would imagine.

Reid has to be the stand-out candidate.

I'd like Colin Cameron to be in the mix, he's done a brilliant job at Cowdenbeath. They're always extremely well organised both defensively and attacking-wise. They're punching well above their weight too, Cameron's definitely getting the best out of his players and is getting more than the sum of their parts from them.

AWMSC

When McInally was fired, Rae moved swiftly to bring in Irons and Collins, suggesting that he had them lined up beforehand, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing.

Kenny Shiels is the outstanding out-of-work candidate for me, worked wonders with that Killie team and won them a cup. Of those in work, Paul Hartley or Ian Murray would be good, but both will be looking higher up the food chain than us at the moment I would imagine.

Problem with Hartley and Murray is, as ThornTON just said, they would come with the same reputation Moore came with. 

IMO appointing from within, Hoppy/Marko/Warren etc, wouldn't change anything quickly. 

Surely it has to be someone with experience of this division, which Shiels hasn't. So for me, Reid fits the bill. McPherson also fits the bill but Reid would be my choice.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Problem with Hartley and Murray is, as ThornTON just said, they would come with the same reputation Moore came with. 

IMO appointing from within, Hoppy/Marko/Warren etc, wouldn't change anything quickly. 

Surely it has to be someone with experience of this division, which Shiels hasn't. So for me, Reid fits the bill. McPherson also fits the bill but Reid would be my choice.

Hartley and Murray are being quoted for teams at a higher level than us, and you think any of them coming to us would be a problem?  :blink:

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Kenny Shiels is my preference, if not him then Billy Reid. There's absolutely no chance of Hartley or Murray coming to Morton.

Unfortunately I think Rae'll go for Hopkin, but I can't see that working out well at all.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Hartley and Murray are being quoted for teams at a higher level than us, and you think any of them coming to us would be a problem?  :blink:

What teams would they be then?

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I don't understand the clamour to give the job to Hopkin. Can someone explain that one to me?

I don't think people are suggesting him for the job long term. The fact he is already on the books and is a coach, probably means if a caretaker is required, it will be him.

Archived