Ttg Moore! - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ttg Moore!

BluebirdTon

You're probably right. Unless Moore is the most naive person in the world, he must know that this will be his last year, even if he ends up getting promoted. In knowing that, will he continue to give Morton 100%?

Why would it be his last year if we get promoted? Either way of course he is going to give 100%. Whether he is at Morton or not it's his career and giving any less would pretty much end it.

Whether his 100% is good enough for Morton is a different story but that's a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're probably right. Unless Moore is the most naive person in the world, he must know that this will be his last year, even if he ends up getting promoted. In knowing that, will he continue to give Morton 100%?

Samee as Boozie quote LT, but for a different reason. I reckon if we are to be promoted this season ( I know bare with me ) then Rae will walk.

I've always had the feeling over the past few seasons that he's become a nae marbles, childish 'one more shot then you can have a go' type person...

Why would it be his last year if we get promoted? Either way of course he is going to give 100%. Whether he is at Morton or not it's his career and giving any less would pretty much end it.

Whether his 100% is good enough for Morton is a different story but that's a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

Moore is a 1st division manager at best. Yes he was fairly successful at moving Stirling up to the 1st, but then relegation followed. His record at Morton is only slightly better, 8th, 7th and 2nd. And i'll now suggest that last year was a complete fluke.

This is now the weakest 1st division there has ever been, so even if we do go up, do you really think Moore is the man to take us to the next level. If you do then your are even more deluded than he is.

Ok he probably will still give 100%, i'll give you that one, but hopefully he will be punted before we find that out.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Moore is a 1st division manager at best. Yes he was fairly successful at moving Stirling up to the 1st, but then relegation followed. His record at Morton is only slightly better, 8th, 7th and 2nd. And i'll now suggest that last year was a complete fluke.

This is now the weakest 1st division there has ever been, so even if we do go up, do you really think Moore is the man to take us to the next level. If you do then your are even more deluded than he is.

I don't think he is but if we do get promoted there is no way he would get the sack. Add that to the fact that it would then be 8th, 7th, 2nd and at least 4th then it is more than just a fluke - it would be improvement every year (I'd consider a decent 4th place points total as a success given the budget and inexperience in the team especially if winning the playoffs).

Like I said I have my doubts over him but to suggest he would be sacked if he was to become the first Morton manager in 20 odd years to get promoted and there is a possibility he wouldn't give 100% because he knew this only makes one person on this thread look deluded.

The bit in bold makes no sense to me. If Moore gets us promoted, you think that he won't be kept on as manager? Seriously?

If Moore gets us promoted with this squad of players I'd be pushing for knighthood for the guy. It's about as likely.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I don't think he is but if we do get promoted there is no way he would get the sack. Add that to the fact that it would then be 8th, 7th, 2nd and at least 4th then it is more than just a fluke - it would be improvement every year (I'd consider a decent 4th place points total as a success given the budget and inexperience in the team especially if winning the playoffs).

Like I said I have my doubts over him but to suggest he would be sacked if he was to become the first Morton manager in 20 odd years to get promoted and there is a possibility he wouldn't give 100% because he knew this only makes one person on this thread look deluded.

Out of contract.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Couple of things to clear up about Saturday, which I have seen Moore being criticised for. Taken from today's Tele:

- Fitzpatrick wasn't feeling well which is why Peciar started.

- O'Brien went off at half time due to an injury

He does however say that Cham is struggling for form, and could maybe do with an experienced striker like Nish alongside him. Bit of a strange thing to come out with in the press, and he also continues his slating of individual players, something I'm not keen on.

He does however say that Cham is struggling for form, and could maybe do with an experienced striker like Nish alongside him. Bit of a strange thing to come out with in the press, and he also continues his slating of individual players, something I'm not keen on.

Agreed.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Couple of things to clear up about Saturday, which I have seen Moore being criticised for. Taken from today's Tele:

- Fitzpatrick wasn't feeling well which is why Peciar started.

- O'Brien went off at half time due to an injury

Correct; he is very quick to pin the blame on certain individuals in the local, and sometimes national press.

Tick tock, wee Moorey.

It's almost a free for all in todays tele with Moore blaming players left right and centre. Im getting fed up with him coming out with " you can't legislate for....." every single week. Yes you can, it's your team that you put together. It's no one's fault but your own.

He's beginning to sound like a man who knows he's majorly ****ed up, and is clinging for dear life to his job by blaming everyone else.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

So was Habai not injured or unwell then? Bizarre decision to sub him if so, simply a waste of a substitution to take off a player who wasn't playing badly when the change is going to have no tactical influence.

As for legislating for things, no you can't legislate for the mistake made by Taggart, that's the kind of thing that will happen from time to time. You can legislate for Peciar's **** up for the first goal by not having defenders who make such basic errors in the team. There's absolutely no excuse for that.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

So was Habai not injured or unwell then? Bizarre decision to sub him if so, simply a waste of a substitution to take off a player who wasn't playing badly when the change is going to have no tactical influence.

As for legislating for things, no you can't legislate for the mistake made by Taggart, that's the kind of thing that will happen from time to time. You can legislate for Peciar's **** up for the first goal by not having defenders who make such basic errors in the team. There's absolutely no excuse for that.

Habai was taken off because of the language barrier. You coudn't make it up.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Habai was taken off because of the language barrier. You coudn't make it up.

Seriously? Was that in the paper?

Loads of teams sign foreign players without this much hassle so you have to wonder what goes on at training. I think I said elsewhere there was one point McLaughlin couldn't get up to attack a corner because he was telling Fred and Habia where to stand at the back to cover. Surely that can be done at training even without speaking the same language. All you have to do is make them stand in a position and so they know what to do in a game!

Seriously? Was that in the paper?

Loads of teams sign foreign players without this much hassle so you have to wonder what goes on at training. I think I said elsewhere there was one point McLaughlin couldn't get up to attack a corner because he was telling Fred and Habia where to stand at the back to cover. Surely that can be done at training even without speaking the same language. All you have to do is make them stand in a position and so they know what to do in a game!

Moore said that because of the language barrier one of the central defenders would step up and the other would drop deep etc so he took Habai off.

Taking off a player he signed knowing he couldn't speak English, because he can't speak English is beyond a joke. What a clusterfuck of a start to a season.

32.gif

Moore said that because of the language barrier one of the central defenders would step up and the other would drop deep etc so he took Habai off.

Taking off a player he signed knowing he couldn't speak English, because he can't speak English is beyond a joke. What a clusterfuck of a start to a season.

I thought the Slovakians were going to be a lot better than Scottish players :unsure: ?

I would think the number of times that speaking English becomes critical in a game were fairly few and far between. I played in a multilingual expat team in West Africa many years ago and we all managed to understand what was going on and act accordingly.

If any instructions need to be given about how the team is set up, they should be given before kick off. Who translates Moore's instructions into English anyway? And who then translates that into Slovakian?

You wonder how on earth all the English Premiership teams get on...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I thought the Slovakians were going to be a lot better than Scottish players :unsure: ?

We can't always be correct like you.

32.gif

I would think the number of times that speaking English becomes critical in a game were fairly few and far between. I played in a multilingual expat team in West Africa many years ago and we all managed to understand what was going on and act accordingly.

If any instructions need to be given about how the team is set up, they should be given before kick off. Who translates Moore's instructions into English anyway? And who then translates that into Slovakian?

You wonder how on earth all the English Premiership teams get on...

I'm sure I've read that there is a coach who is working with the club who is also acting as the translator for Habai and Peciar, although that may have just been when they were training with the club in the summer.

Archived