Ttg Moore! - Page 30 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ttg Moore!

BluebirdTon

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of boredom, here's a list of all the managers who've worked in the top two tiers in the last few years who are now out of work, discounting the likes of Craig Brown who's retired.

Kenny Shiels

Jimmy Boyle

Richie Burke

Paulo Sérgio

Peter Houston

Barry Smith

Billy Reid

Gareth Evans

Alan Adamson

Craig Levein

Brian Reid

John Hughes

Gus MacPherson

Gary Bollan

Jocky Scott

Eddie May

Willie McStay

Jimmy Calderwood

Kenny Brannigan

Not a great list eh? Obviously the likes of Sérgio and Houston wouldn't drop to our level, have to say Shiels is the best candidate there if we're not gong internal.

Shiels, Smith, and Billy Reid look like the most likely candidates from that list. I also wouldnt be surprised by Hughes or Bollan.

Not sure about how keen I'd be on any of them. John mcglynn might have been top of Rae's list if we had done this in the summer.

Shiels, Smith, and Billy Reid look like the most likely candidates from that list. I also wouldnt be surprised by Hughes out Bollan.

Not sure about how keen I'd be on any of them. John mcglynn might have been top of Rae's list if we had done this in the summer.

Would be happy with Shields, Reid or Calderwood. Hughes would be decent as well.

Would Levin do a short term deal like he did for Raith? Been out of work for a year now so I'm sure he will be keen to get back in. Despite his National team shocker, he would still be a cracking appointment. Give him until the end of the season and If he does well, he knows he will no doubt get a bigger move again.

Out of boredom, here's a list of all the managers who've worked in the top two tiers in the last few years who are now out of work, discounting the likes of Craig Brown who's retired.

Kenny Shiels

Jimmy Boyle

Richie Burke

Paulo Sérgio

Peter Houston

Barry Smith

Billy Reid

Gareth Evans

Alan Adamson

Craig Levein

Brian Reid

John Hughes

Gus MacPherson

Gary Bollan

Jocky Scott

Eddie May

Willie McStay

Jimmy Calderwood

Kenny Brannigan

Not a great list eh? Obviously the likes of Sérgio and Houston wouldn't drop to our level, have to say Shiels is the best candidate there if we're not gong internal.

Answer D: None of the above 

Kenny Shiels

Jimmy Boyle

Richie Burke

Paulo Sérgio

Peter Houston

Barry Smith

Billy Reid

Gareth Evans

Alan Adamson

Craig Levein

Brian Reid

John Hughes

Gus MacPherson

Gary Bollan

Jocky Scott

Eddie May

Willie McStay

Jimmy Calderwood

Kenny Brannigan

I'd certainly look at the possibility of someone like Hartley, Murray, or Cameron first, but failing that it's probable that any new manager will be on that list. Unless Rae would go for someone like Jonathon Johansson, had to have crossed his mind at some point?

Does anyone know if McLaughlin has done any coaching badges, or has any interest in management. Will there be another coup?

Depends on how it is looked at. With my guess of a combined wage of £75k (£45k+£30k), employers NI contributions of 13.8% adds an extra £10k cost to the club. Add a company car of £5k plus fuel of maybe £2k and then a few win bonuses (ha!) then it does start to climb to around £95k for them. However these things may not need to be considered for the payout. It would be basic salary only. 

What an absolute farce.

Paying him the remainder if a contract he didn't even deserve, well that's your fault Mr Rae, get him paid off and away to f*ck!

Indeed. Giving Moore a new contract, and McCormack previously, seems to suggest that Rae doesn't have anywhere close to the ruthlesness or foresight required to make footballing decisions. This was always going to happen this season.

I'd quite like Colin Cameron, although he has no full-time experience. He has a vast array of experience at a high level as a player (not always relevant, granted) and has managed to squeeze far more than their worth on paper from his players individually and collectively for a good few seasons now, Cowden have and are punching well above their weight.  I've always been really impressed by the organisation of Cowdenbeath under him, they're solid at the back and attack well as a unit; you watch one of their midfielders get the ball and they can make their passes instinctively, everyone knows what they are doing and what their team-mates are doing.

AWMSC

Indeed. Giving Moore a new contract, and McCormack previously, seems to suggest that Rae doesn't have anywhere close to the ruthlesness or foresight required to make footballing decisions. This was always going to happen this season.

I'd quite like Colin Cameron, although he has no full-time experience. He has a vast array of experience at a high level as a player (not always relevant, granted) and has managed to squeeze far more than their worth on paper from his players individually and collectively for a good few seasons now, Cowden have and are punching well above their weight.  I've always been really impressed by the organisation of Cowdenbeath under him, they're solid at the back and attack well as a unit; you watch one of their midfielders get the ball and they can make their passes instinctively, everyone knows what they are doing and what their team-mates are doing.

I agree Cameron would be a good shout. I said on another thread that IMO Cowdenbeath have been the best footballing side to play at Cappielow this season. As you say, Cameron has them so well organised they do punch well above their weight.

Another name which hasn't been mentioned is Jimmy Nicholl, although he is possibly a better number 2 than the main man.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

If things continue the way they are, can we afford to keep Moore till Xmas? You could easily lose more than Moore's wages in that period (and perhaps till the end of the season) if we lose 3-500 fans per game over the next 4 or 5 home games.

There's a financial risk either way.

Lose 3-500 per game over the next 4-5 games? Would we set a new record for the first ever negative attendance?

I know, I know you really mean that the crowd could be 3-500 less than it has been recently for each of the next 4 or 5 games. I'll get my coat.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Kenny Shiels

Jimmy Boyle

Richie Burke

Paulo Sérgio

Peter Houston

Barry Smith

Billy Reid

Gareth Evans

Alan Adamson

Craig Levein

Brian Reid

John Hughes

Gus MacPherson

Gary Bollan

Jocky Scott

Eddie May

Willie McStay

Jimmy Calderwood

Kenny Brannigan

Why would you take all these guys over someone with a better track record like Calderwood?

Has he got a better track record though? One medal (Challenge Cup w/ Ross County) in his entire career and a terrible win % in Scotland.

I don't think win % tells you too much. Taking Dunfermline up, to a Scottish Cup final and to fourth in the SPL was a good job regardless of the win % involved, as was keeping Aberdeen in the top four with a strong European run to boot.

I don't think win % tells you too much. Taking Dunfermline up, to a Scottish Cup final and to fourth in the SPL was a good job regardless of the win % involved, as was keeping Aberdeen in the top four with a strong European run to boot.

That was a long time ago though, has he any experience of keeping a struggling team in the Championship. Nope...

Archived