Thread About Ex Player - Page 94 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Allan McManus is the new Head of Youth Development at the Midden

A reptile slithering back underneath its rock: standard behaviour really.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Dunno why he reminded me of him, but remember we (allegedly) signed the wrong Marc(k) McCulloch? That was a pretty odd situation, ended up only playing about 10 games, would probably have been totally unremarkable if it wasn't for the those rumours.

We were crying out for a left-sided midfielder, so DDF signed this guy. It was pretty funny. Even in the past when he was sharper he was never any good with names, used to call him Alec Williams all the time.

EOho8Pw.png

Agreed; he wasn't our most effective player but nowhere near one of our worst. Can remember him scoring a few belters from outside the box.

Including a winner at Hampden against Queen's Park if I remember correctly?

• Downvote 1

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Aye, that was his debut too. Adam was a bit hit and miss but he was by no means a bad player, I remember he had one really good game away at Stirling during the week; I seem to remember he was on a decent run of form in general at that point. I was always quite partial too him because in the match programme just after he signed he announced that his favourite band is the Stone Roses, so obviously a good cunt.

Speaking of that Hampden game, Graham Dale also made his debut then...now there was an absolute, grade-A haddy! Absolutely dreadful, it didn't say a great deal for Rangers that a player as poor as that came through their youth system. I wonder if the new club's is any better.

AWMSC

He did - in a game going absolutely nowhere.

Our earlier visit that season was the one where the fanny with the red-striped hair was kicked out of our end for celebrating the late Queens equaliser.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Aye, that was his debut too. Adam was a bit hit and miss but he was by no means a bad player, I remember he had one really good game away at Stirling during the week; I seem to remember he was on a decent run of form in general at that point. I was always quite partial too him because in the match programme just after he signed he announced that his favourite band is the Stone Roses, so obviously a good ****.

Speaking of that Hampden game, Graham Dale also made his debut then...now there was an absolute, grade-A haddy! Absolutely dreadful, it didn't say a great deal for Rangers that a player as poor as that came through their youth system. I wonder if the new club's is any better.

Our earlier visit that season was the one where the fanny with the red-striped hair was kicked out of our end for celebrating the late Queens equaliser.

Still the only time I've seen Morton at Hampden which will be why it sticks out - I can remember absolutely nothing else about that game so AT your summary is quite apt!

• Downvote 1

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

The bold... well, better not say his name but he's actually not a bad guy, or at least wasn't last time I spoke to him (admittedly years ago.)

EOho8Pw.png

• 2 weeks later...

Winners medals for Gardyne and Graham.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Derek Lyle looked fizzing when someone behind the goal shouted "a tenner bag please Lyle".