Thread About Ex Player - Page 88 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Fact based analysis😀you're having a laugh. Based on what?

Monti was not my idol😉but he was a tryer unlike the Duff who never tried his erse for Morton

Imo the Duff was very fortunate to make any kind of a living being a professional footballer. Monti (not my idol) on the other hand had more talent than the duff and with some guidance could have made it in the professional ranks

McGuffie actually had a really decent spell for us at right back in the final months of his contact when playing under Grady. Must've been Grady who got the best out of him.

Your last sentence is typical of your dismissive attitude to reasonable comment and debate

McG/Duffie was a complete waster for Morton who did nothing and I mean nothing for us apart from his goal against Stirling I think on his debut

I think I watched every game he played in a Morton shirt and imo we were playing with ten men when he pulled on a Morton shirt

A bit like Miller just now but unlike Miller I think the Duff had some talent but he never showed it when playing with us

Mcguffie was anything but a waster. He was a decent player for us.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Fact based analysisyou're having a laugh. Based on what?

Monti was not my idolbut he was a tryer unlike the Duff who never tried his erse for Morton

Imo the Duff was very fortunate to make any kind of a living being a professional footballer. Monti (not my idol) on the other hand had more talent than the duff and with some guidance could have made it in the professional ranks

How do you explain Ryan McGuffie having a fairly credible career and a lengthy spell as an established player in the Scottish second tier then, while your champ Carlo Monti scuttles between Maltese pub outfits and Junior non-entities? Based solely upon your incisive 'never hid' method of player analysis.

- How does a player manage to play for three different second-tier sides while 'hiding'?

- Why did no manager discover this; why weren't these sides punished for this obvious shortcoming?

- Why did they not replace this waster with a puffing sand-dancing no-mark like Carlo Monti, who apparently tried a lot in a team that as far as I recall, actually slid disgracefully towards the bottom of an utterly dreadful league in 09-10, without any fight whatsoever, and got out of jail against a slightly more useless outfit on the final day of that season?

Thanks in advance,

But no, not really,

vT

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

How do you explain Ryan McGuffie having a fairly credible career and a lengthy spell as an established player in the Scottish second tier then, while your champ Carlo Monti scuttles between Maltese pub outfits and Junior non-entities? Based solely upon your incisive 'never hid' method of player analysis.

- How does a player manage to play for three different second-tier sides while 'hiding'?

- Why did no manager discover this; why weren't these sides punished for this obvious shortcoming?

- Why did they not replace this waster with a puffing sand-dancing no-mark like Carlo Monti, who apparently tried a lot in a team that as far as I recall, actually slid disgracefully towards the bottom of an utterly dreadful league in 09-10, without any fight whatsoever, and got out of jail against a slightly more useless outfit on the final day of that season?

H

Thanks in advance,

But no, not really,

vT

He is not my champ champ

Irrespective of who the Duff played for he was mediocre at best and a very limited player talent wise

Monti had and has his faults but from a football perspective he had more talent than RMcG and anyone with half a football brain could see that

The fact that you can't says it all

Better luck next time......champ:)

Ah right, so you can't actually provide any logical, fact-based arguments to support your case, but think that simply re-stating your point in defiance of all the facts will somehow salvage your hilarious bullshit claim. Yeah, that's really not how it works on here any more champ.

You've simply made an arse of yourself here. Indeed anyone who uses the meaningless term 'never hid', or bats for absolute losers like Scott McLaughlin or Carlo Monti - the bottom-feeders of a particularly dark decade of crap players shuffling through the doors of Cappielow - needs to have a serious word with themselves.

I mean really - Carlo fucking Monti. :lol:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Ah right, so you can't actually provide any logical, fact-based arguments to support your case, but think that simply re-stating your point in defiance of all the facts will somehow salvage your hilarious bulls*** claim. Yeah, that's really not how it works on here any more champ.

You've simply made an arse of yourself here. Indeed anyone who uses the meaningless term 'never hid', or bats for absolute losers like Scott McLaughlin or Carlo Monti - the bottom-feeders of a particularly dark decade of crap players shuffling through the doors of Cappielow - needs to have a serious word with themselves.

I mean really - Carlo ****ing Monti. :lol:

You are becoming extremely boring now

All I'm saying is that Monti was/is a more talented footballer than the Duff who was a plodder lucky to make some sort of a career as a footballer

He was mediocre at best for Morton

The Duff seamlessly fits into your dark decade of crap players

Monti wasn't a world beater but worlds more talented than hide and seek Duff

Better luck next time champ etc etc etc

You are becoming extremely boring now

All I'm saying is that Monti was/is a more talented footballer than the Duff who was a plodder lucky to make some sort of a career as a footballer

And yet you're clearly incorrect, given the career paths of both players, and all the other available evidence. This is the very definition of someone holding a wrong opinion.

He was mediocre at best for Morton

All the evidence shows otherwise: deal with it.

The Duff seamlessly fits into your dark decade of crap players

All the evidence shows otherwise: deal with it.

Monti wasn't a world beater but worlds more talented than hide and seek Duff

The evidence shows that the peak of Monti's 'career' as a playing 'footballer' was in a crap Morton side beneath the level regularly attained by your nemesis. And has since slithered around a succession of pub outfits, because he's in fact a crap player. Gutted for you.

Better luck next time champ etc etc etc

Fail. Thanks for playing anyway.

I thought both Monti and McGuff were at best average players in 'our' league. No real surprise their respective careers never kicked on when they left Morton for 'better' teams.

Another wrong opinion. McGuffie stepped down from a more successful side at the time, and did just fine at the same level after leaving Morton, well past any scope for natural improvement as a player. Monti plummeted to the depths of the game. And yet for some reason you consider their career paths to have taken an in any way similar trajectory. :1eye:

I mean really - McGuffie was a solid First Division player, nothing more than that; nothing more than was really required either. Yet this banal fact continues to generate gallons of broiling seethe - while Morton fans simultaneously hold candlelit vigils for now perennially relegated/Junior level dross from the same era. Truly baffling behaviour.

• Upvote 1

Your last sentence is typical of your dismissive attitude to reasonable comment and debate

McG/Duffie was a complete waster for Morton who did nothing and I mean nothing for us apart from his goal against Stirling I think on his debut

I think I watched every game he played in a Morton shirt and imo we were playing with ten men when he pulled on a Morton shirt

A bit like Miller just now but unlike Miller I think the Duff had some talent but he never showed it when playing with us

No. You said he was a complete waster.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

McGuffie was obviously a rubbish central midfielder, but he was a solid right back and that's why once he'd been moved there with us he then held a first team place down at this level for several seasons between us and Queen of the South.

In pure technical ability alone Monti wasn't dreadful, but that's irrelevant to how effective he was; he just didn't really contribute anything in any of the multitude of positions he played. Great penalty taker and we've seen far worse players, but there's nothing else to be said for him.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Thomas Orr scores for East Stirlingshire again.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

And again today.

He's only scored the one goal.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Check the date on the post I quoted.  ;)

Fair do's.

Orr's teammates have contrived to chuck away a 2-0 lead at Montrose and are 3-2 down now.