Thread About Ex Player - Page 69 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

I don't think it is fair to suggest that a huge number of footballers aren't very bright and aren't pleasant people.

There are multiple intelligences some of which let you get a really good academic qualification, some which apply more closely to music and the arts and some which are most ably demonstrated in team games, and a range of others. Of course some fortunate people, although relatively few are gifted in each of these ways.

My experience of footballers is that like the rest of society they are a mixed bunch with some exceptionally pleasant, intelligent and articulate and others less so.

However I agree entirely with your comments re Twitter and social networks in general since it will normally be the less thoughtful and considerate who will be likely to embarrass themselves in the ways in which we have seen recently.

The vast majority of the "heroes" will not post, some will post innocuous comments like "great result today" or the like and others will post stupid or offensive stuff.

That's websites I suppose!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think it is fair to suggest that a huge number of footballers aren't very bright and aren't pleasant people.

There are multiple intelligences some of which let you get a really good academic qualification, some which apply more closely to music and the arts and some which are most ably demonstrated in team games, and a range of others. Of course some fortunate people, although relatively few are gifted in each of these ways.

My experience of footballers is that like the rest of society they are a mixed bunch with some exceptionally pleasant, intelligent and articulate and others less so.

However I agree entirely with your comments re Twitter and social networks in general since it will normally be the less thoughtful and considerate who will be likely to embarrass themselves in the ways in which we have seen recently.

The vast majority of the "heroes" will not post, some will post innocuous comments like "great result today" or the like and others will post stupid or offensive stuff.

That's websites I suppose!

Little (cow) boys should be seen and not herd!

McLaughlin has, by reports, been playing well at Dumbarton. He's playing at a decent level for an up-and-coming manager and his lack of pace isn't left exposed because of Dumbarton's style of football. I dare say he's not getting paid peanuts either, no reason for him to chuck it!

Pretty galling when he was sh..e for most of the time for us

Guest David Edwards

Brian Graham is a slithering reptile

:lol:

We'll take it that you're not very fond of him then.

How is St. Johnstone's cup win a black day for Morton?

Five years ago we were in the same league (and coming quite close to matching) the very same provincial diddy club, hosting a smaller fanbase than ourselves. Since then, the trajectory of the clubs has spun wildly in opposite directions: Morton backed a poisonous player coup against a successful manager, and have since slithered down to a completely embarrassing relegation from a division stuffed with pub teams and glorified social clubs, and will be playing seaside league football. St Johnstone - being competently run from the very top - have papped Rosenborg out of European football, finished in the top six of Scottish football, have just lifted a major trophy that we haven't had a sniff of for 60 fucking years, and have of course in the process guaranteed further European jaunts for their delighted fanbase next season.

It puts into full perspective just how piss-poor the current regime at Morton is, and just how laughable any claims are that we should still somehow be grateful to the current chairman for his personal backing. Not to mention yet another provincial club effortlessly sliding above our own as it heads further down the route to Ayr United levels of complete insignificance and pity. 

So yesterday was an absolutely vile result. 

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Five years ago we were in the same league (and coming quite close to matching) the very same provincial diddy club, hosting a smaller fanbase than ourselves. Since then, the trajectory of the clubs has spun wildly in opposite directions: Morton backed a poisonous player coup against a successful manager, and have since slithered down to a completely embarrassing relegation from a division stuffed with pub teams and glorified social clubs, and will be playing seaside league football. St Johnstone - being competently run from the very top - have papped Rosenborg out of European football, finished in the top six of Scottish football, have just lifted a major trophy that we haven't had a sniff of for 60 ****ing years, and have of course in the process guaranteed further European jaunts for their delighted fanbase next season.

It puts into full perspective just how piss-poor the current regime at Morton is, and just how laughable any claims are that we should still somehow be grateful to the current chairman for his personal backing. Not to mention yet another provincial club effortlessly sliding above our own as it heads further down the route to Ayr United levels of complete insignificance and pity. 

So yesterday was an absolutely vile result. 

We haven't been anywhere near St Johnstone since the 'Dundee Utd' season in 95/96.

St Johnstone caught us up, and overtook us, around the late 80's. Apart from the year above we have always trailed way behind them. 

• Downvote 1

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

We haven't been anywhere near St Johnstone since the 'Dundee Utd' season in 95/96.

St Johnstone caught us up, and overtook us, around the late 80's. Apart from the year above we have always trailed way behind them. 

St Johnstone won the league against Morton in their own midden five years ago. Prior to the came (and more so before the previous week's loss to Partick), Morton were credible challengers for that title. There was little reason then to suggest that Morton would not be following them into the SPL - other than of course the standard display of clown-car incompetency from the boardroom level down. 

Yet of course we should still all be grateful to DDFR and his wise, benevolent leadership of the club.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are