Thread About Ex Player - Page 287 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Jack Purdue signs for Queens Park

Another financial swing and a miss for our ‘youth-based sustainability model’ (total transfer revenue generated to date: £0*).

* plus a 20% sell-on clause for Scott Tiffoney**

** so £0 then

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Ben Armour signs for Peterhead and Creag Little signs for Queen’s Park.

Is it just for me that the latter screams “Lowland League in 12 months”?

Their last season at Hamden, not sure they would be too fussed (although there will be an outcry if that happened). Going to have to start paying players** next season if they want to stay in the leagues anyway.

*I know they pay people under the table atm

Edited by so72

Their last season at Hamden, not sure they would be too fussed (although there will be an outcry if that happened).

No there wouldn’t.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

From the luvvy types? Aye there would be.

A few weirdo CAMRA types and Alan Fucking Redman sulking into their pints of ditchwater in their shitey-SportScotland- funded social club would hardly constitute an outcry.

The worst you’d get is Bill Leckie writing a sidebar in his column saying it’s a pity that such a not-so-great old club was gone. If there was going to be an outcry it would’ve been over the sale of Hampden, and that didn’t materialise. It’s almost as if they know their place.

A few weirdo CAMRA types and Alan Fucking Redman sulking into their pints of ditchwater in their shitey-SportScotland- funded social club would hardly constitute an outcry.

The worst you’d get is Bill Leckie writing a sidebar in his column saying it’s a pity that such a not-so-great old club was gone. If there was going to be an outcry it would’ve been over the sale of Hampden, and that didn’t materialise. It’s almost as if they know their place.

Its an easy story to feed the gammons who read the sun. They will claim they can't afford to change and there will be a half-arsed outcry to sell crap papers to people who still think Third Lanark should exist

From the luvvy types? Aye there would be.

Nobody cares about that irrelevant outfit, so no.

Its an easy story to feed the gammons who read the sun. They will claim they can't afford to change and there will be a half-arsed outcry to sell crap papers to people who still think Third Lanark should exist

First you claimed ‘luvvies’ would object, now it’s gammons. At least make up your mind as to which totally opposite demographic you wrongly think will give a toss and stick with it.

Salty had more teams than we've had hot dinners

TIME FOR CHANGE!

First you claimed ‘luvvies’ would object, now it’s gammons. At least make up your mind as to which totally opposite demographic you wrongly think will give a toss and stick with it.

Opposites can care about the same thing. We will see if that's what happens. Hopefully not though, would rather see an end to albion rovers

The red tops don’t care about people who think Third Lanark should still exist. Stories about Orange band members spitting on folk, who’s shagging who on Love Island, how few visitors Aaron Campbell’s had in Polmont and Nacho Novo’s latest shite tattoo sell papers, not space fillers about Queen’s Park.

Opposites can care about the same thing. We will see if that's what happens. Hopefully not though, would rather see an end to albion rovers

Aye I'm sure Rawburt, Sevconian white van man from Broxburn and Torcuill, arts student at the University of Glasgow will find rare common ground over the plight of some two-bob diddy outfit that they've never heard of. 

QP are perhaps the biggest ingrates in Scottish football. Speaking as a total loser, I like the fact that Scotland has so many ancient, historical clubs with an unbroken history, and Rangers. But speaking as a Morton fan, QP milked the SFA for years and accepted the inevitable with absolutely no grace whatsoever. If they get relegated, so be it. Let another club have a chance at the league.

Aye, absolutely this.

If you earn £20,000 a year and can’t afford to live in a 6 bedroom house, you sell up for the best price you can get and get something more suitable for your budget. The SFA played them like a fiddle by showing the SRU some ankle and knowing that Queen’s Park wouldn’t be able to survive without the lottery funding that they’d get with Hampden no longer being the national stadium, but so what? They’ve raked in a fortune from rent for generations because of a historical anomaly and even as recently as the 2014 Commonwealth Games were gifted a fancy new pavilion at Lesser Hampden whilst clubs like ourselves get fuck all from anyone.

They’re happy to leach as much as they can whilst showing no ambition beyond the odd promotion to League One, a couple of years up, back down, rinse and repeat. The pyramid is there to flush clubs like that away. Not to protect them because they were once relevant.

• Upvote 2

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4468439/garry-oconnor-explosing-himself-charge-court/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Anyway, back on topic, whilst also re-iterating my point about the sort of stories the red tops love... Garry O’Connor, gentlemen.

And only a few months ago he was trying to claim he had grown up