KingsTON

Thread About Ex Player

I always felt McCrorie was impressive enough that he had a serious chance of becoming number one for both Rangers and Scotland, but didn't expect him to be making a squad this soon. Good for him, although he's highly unlikely to be capped just now.

Nice as it is to see players who were liked in loan spells here getting a shot at international football, it would be good if Ricki Lamie's form of consistently being the only player in Motherwell's defence not to make a tit of himself continues and he gets a call-up as a result - in the season so far he's looked a better player than Declan Gallagher. Seeing someone who actually had their most significant years of development at Cappielow and transformed as a player in that time get to a Scotland squad would be really good to see.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The issue with both McKay and Shankland is not their actual playing statistics for the club: even Shankland's goals tally was decent enough, albeit padded out with a few in dead rubber games towards the end of the season IIRC. It is their stinking attitudes in viewing this once-proud football club as a shelter for disinterested or patently unfit footballers in Shankland's case until they 'got their head together' and successfully restarted their career elsewhere. Toby refers to it as just not happening for McKay here but in my view both he and Shankland were largely responsible for that through their own conduct, which is worse every time than having some dung but honest donkey figure like, say, Kudus Oyenuga kick around the place for a season before being punted. 

On a related note, I see that the Little People's fans are ripping their knitting all over P and B about their hero Ross 'flapper' Doohan now being far below the pecking order than McCrorie: which was of course a decision anyone with a functioning brain could have made fully eighteen months ago. 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

12 hours ago, ChampTon said:

I've never quite got the Fred hate. He was part of that relegated side, but who wasn't pish that year - even Sir Dougie Imrie flattered to deceive. Also played quite well at Parkhead on that famous night. 

If Imrie 'flattered to deceive' as pretty much the only effective player in the team then I'm not sure that there's a strong enough adjective in the English language to describe Bachirou's utterly pathetic 70 league goals conceded showing in a defensive midfield role - including on that disgraceful day at Hamilton when he acted as a glorified runway marshal pointing the way to the Morton goal. 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 8/24/2020 at 1:35 PM, Scott said:

Bachirou linked with a £600k move to Nottingham Forrest. 

Confirmed.

We get a cool nine grand for that (if the fee was 600k.) Cashback!

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

10 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Bachirou's move to Nottingham Forrest now confirmed. 

Double swoop, announced alongside Jimmy Gourlay.

• Upvote 1

Jamie McDonagh and Lamie playing against each other in the Europa League. 

O’Ware becomes head of development squad at Troon. Still at Partick, it seems.

http://troonfootballclub.co.uk/troon-appoint-thomas-oware/

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I can't wait to see the next batch of youth prospects at Troon who will make their way to the pinnacle of the professional game, following in the footsteps of [SUBEDITOR INSERT PLAYER HERE, CHECK WIKIPEDIA FROM THE 1880S]

• Upvote 1

Do you like Abba?

53 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I can't wait to see the next batch of youth prospects at Troon who will make their way to the pinnacle of the professional game, following in the footsteps of [SUBEDITOR INSERT PLAYER HERE, CHECK WIKIPEDIA FROM THE 1880S]

Steve Nicol and Alan Hutton?

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

3 hours ago, SramTon said:

Alan ''d'yee know who I am?" Hutton?

Life is a series of compromises anyway.

3 hours ago, SramTon said:

Not from the junior team:

http://www.troonsporthub.co.uk/troon-thistle-football-club.html

O'Ware is one of the world's biggest cunts who will no doubt find somebody else to blame whenever something goes wrong and the idea of him linking up with Dean Keenan will produce a particularly bitter, seething wee outfit down in the 8th tier or wherever they are. On the other hand, it is to O'Ware's credit that he is transitioning to a post-playing career at the appropriate level instead of hanging around and trying to his snake his way straight into a second tier manager's job like, oh, James Grady or Alan McManus. 

49 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Alan ''d'yee know who I am?" Hutton?

Much more credible than Tam's "d'yee know I was linked with a move to Wolves, Birmingham and Brendan Rodgers' Celtic?".

The article using that as some sort of highlight on his CV is tragic. That worked out well for you, didn't it Tam?

8 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Worz me drone?

'thu EssPee-EfffAll troost is un ayree-arr ov high soshull depra vashun.  Wiv yor mooney we can encoo-rayje sum jakey's to swap thor Slazenger trackies for Donnay's. Cheque should be made payable to to Mr. W. Hawke the Cock Community Troost.

Did somebody say Feasibility Stoody?  Nah, didn't think sew.

Cue cdmc defending the indefensible....

:rolleyes:

Life is a series of compromises anyway.

Nicky Cadden set up FGR's goal in their League Cup defeat yesterday with - yep, you guessed it - a low cross from the left (a 3/10 effort by his own standards) that got turned into his own net by a gormless 'Leyton Orient' defender. 

Considering that the English leagues have given promising careers to donkeys like Clayton Donaldson and James Collins and a second tier side just paid £2 million of real actual money for the Lyndon fucking Dykes, Cadden can go much further in the game than his current employers ever will. 

JJ loses again. Only managed 2 wins in 7 so far since taking over at TPS.

1 hour ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Just saw this on Twitter.. 

8A4584AA-8EE4-42B8-A690-41DCA846EC07.jpeg

😂 He’s a walking cliche that boy! An absolute stick on that he drives a white Range Rover Evoque!

24 minutes ago, Tubes said:

JJ loses again. Only managed 2 wins in 7 so far since taking over at TPS.

In fairness they were crap before he arrived. I guess that makes his a fitting appointment.

• Upvote 1

Do you like Abba?