KingsTON

Thread About Ex Player

Tommy McLean, JTT, Ally Maxwell ... Willie McLean as the hamsters assistant?

Raymond.

• Upvote 2

Did any of you get the Daily Mail? Andy Ritchie's the 3rd "My Sporting Hero" Star, after Jack Nicklaus and Sevvy Balasteros! Double pager!

• Downvote 7

I was talking about an “Ex Player” which is the title of the thread, rather than a newspaper. Talk about going off at a tangent FFS!

• Downvote 4

Do any old timers remember or know anything about a Jerry Gibson, who apparently played "nearly two seasons with Greenock-Morton in Scotland" before joining Highlands Park in South Africa? He apparently joined the club from Addington (another South African team) in 1961, left either one or two years later. He was at HP in April 1963, so certainly no later than March 1963 he would have been on his way. I can't find any appearance data for him. Maybe he never made a senior appearance for Morton.

I think he was South African by nationality, not sure if he was born in Scotland though.

Edited by TRVMP

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

Do any old timers remember or know anything about a Jerry Gibson, who apparently played "nearly two seasons with Greenock-Morton in Scotland" before joining Highlands Park in South Africa? He apparently joined the club from Addington (another South African team) in 1961, left either one or two years later. He was at HP in April 1963, so certainly no later than March 1963 he would have been on his way. I can't find any appearance data for him. Maybe he never made a senior appearance for Morton.

I think he was South African by nationality, not sure if he was born in Scotland though.

Assuming he was the only Gibson in the squad at the time - I've got him playing 3 times in March 1962.

10/3/62 - He has an assist in a 6-5 home win over Alloa

17/3/62 - He scored our second in a 3-1 win in a friendly down at Wrexham

24/3/62 - Assist for the winner in a 2-1 win at Forfar.

Tried to link one of the reports from my twitter but it isn't showing.

• Upvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Nice one, thank you.

Do you like Abba?

That’s a shame. On his first spell here he turned into a cracking player for this level but injuries have totally knackered him.

That’s a shame. On his first spell here he turned into a cracking player for this level but injuries have totally knackered him.

No it isn’t: once you follow King Snake you deserve all the failure you get.

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Mark McLaughlin has been appointed a first team coach at St Cadocs, a youth club from Newton Mearns who are forming an adult side for next season to join the new West of Scotland League.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Mark McLaughlin has been appointed a first team coach at St Cadocs, a youth club from Newton Mearns who are forming an adult side for next season to join the new West of Scotland League.

:lol: :lol:

Hey Farquhar, where is thu nearest Waitrose so we can get some Peeno Greegio for our Carry Owt?

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

Kevin Kyle named Witteveen as one of the top 10 worst players in SPFL history.

I was just listening to that. Don't normally listen to that podcast.

Is a bit of a beamer when someone as shite as Kevin Kyle is ripping into players.

Langfield, Broadfoot, Craigen, I heard as well then turned off...

Kyle is surely the worst player ever to get 10 Scotland caps? It took the best part of a year for Vogts to realise that McFadden and Miller were our up and coming young forwards and not Kyle and Dobie. Such a frustrating time.

Ironic that a channel that gives a platform to Paul Slane, who made a grand total of 27 SPFL appearances, scoring zero goals, retired at 25 and spent his pay off from Celtic on hookers and bevvy is doing a feature on the worst SPFL player in history.

Could they not perhaps look a little closer to home than Austria for their candidates?

• Upvote 1

Kyle is surely the worst player ever to get 10 Scotland caps? It took the best part of a year for Vogts to realise that McFadden and Miller were our up and coming young forwards and not Kyle and Dobie. Such a frustrating time.

Stevie Crawford would be up there as well, but Kyle was rotten.

Witteveen wasn't good enough for the top flight but he was fine at our level.

Do you like Abba?