Thread About Ex Player - Page 145 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

McManus was being paid by Fleetwood: which club he played for on loan made no difference to how much money he made.

Apparetnly he was offered a rent free house in the area as someone on the Raith board owns a building company.

I've always been a bit ambivalent about McManus - appreciate what he did for us in League Two - but have always thought, even then, that he was better 'reacting' to a game than he was when he had time to think about it (picking the wrong pass, or with time one on one with a GK). That said, I'd have liked to have seen him in the first half v Dundee Utd in the play-off. McManus pressing those defenders after we turned them would have been interesting.

McManus was being paid by Fleetwood: which club he played for on loan made no difference to how much money he made.

Didn't Raith offer sweeteners like paying for his accommodation?

I'd take McManus back before that sandancer Barr any day.

I've always been a bit ambivalent about McManus - appreciate what he did for us in League Two - but have always thought, even then, that he was better 'reacting' to a game than he was when he had time to think about it (picking the wrong pass, or with time one on one with a GK). That said, I'd have liked to have seen him in the first half v Dundee Utd in the play-off. McManus pressing those defenders after we turned them would have been interesting.

We've never played in League 2.

McManus all but did a Jose Q on us.

No thank you.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Don't care that much about his decision to leave or the timing. Fact is he hasn't cut it as this level and he'd be better off plying his trade in the seaside league where he con folk into believing he's got a future at a higher level.

File and forget.

• Upvote 1

Don't care that much about his decision to leave or the timing. Fact is he hasn't cut it as this level and he'd be better off plying his trade in the seaside league where he con folk into believing he's got a future at a higher level.

File and forget.

Aye, that's the size of it for me. I couldn't care whether he chose to go to another club at the last minute, I care about how good he is. Although he's still young and has the potential to develop into a better player while obviously being an upgrade of the likes of Shankland or Oyenuga, I'd hope we can find better. That's what's important.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

McManus all but did a Jose Q on us.

No thank you.

I was speaking to Mrs Q at Kilmarnock at the beginning of the season. She told me the Jose was willing and wanting to sign for us, but the club were stalling on making him an offer.

He had a mortgage and, at that time, two kids when the Skunks offered him terms, which he accepted.

No brainer !

I was speaking to Mrs Q at Kilmarnock at the beginning of the season. She told me the Jose was willing and wanting to sign for us, but the club were stalling on making him an offer.

He had a mortgage and, at that time, two kids when the Skunks offered him terms, which he accepted.

No brainer !

Didn't know that - great move by our board there.....

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.