Thread About Ex Player - Page 144 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

He's 21, but I'm sure a lot of the England team at the last one were that age.

Yeah, looking at last year it looks like he should be eligible to play. The SSC email I got the other day said Scotland would take an u20 squad - I guess it's got to do with their self imposed younger player policy going on at the moment.

9 ex 'ton players involved in this play off game with Alloa and Brechin.

Was at the game and found it quite enjoyable. Brechin deserved to win and should have had a second goal although overall it was fairly even. Willie Dyer, Andy Jackson, and Ross Caldwell started for Brechin while Alan Trouten was an unused sub. For Alloa, former Ton players were Scott Taggart, Frank McKeown, Andy Graham, and Iain Flannigan with Stefan McCluskey coming on as a sub. It was easy to see why Jackson was Brechin's player of the year but Caldwell also had a good game. Finn Graham deserved his MOM award and looked a hardworking player.

• Downvote 1

Was at the game and found it quite enjoyable. Brechin deserved to win and should have had a second goal although overall it was fairly even. Willie Dyer, Andy Jackson, and Ross Caldwell started for Brechin while Alan Trouten was an unused sub. For Alloa, former Ton players were Scott Taggart, Frank McKeown, Andy Graham, and Iain Flannigan with Stefan McCluskey coming on as a sub. It was easy to see why Jackson was Brechin's player of the year but Caldwell also had a good game. Finn Graham deserved his MOM award and looked a hardworking player.

Yeah, pretty good game. Brechin look a decent and hardworking team. Taggart looked hopeless for Alloa.

Think it would a backwards step but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Duffy tries to sign him.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Think it would a backwards step but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Duffy tries to sign him.

Agree we shouldn't sign him but we also shouldn't forget that without his substantial input we wouldn't have won the league. He very often single handedly won us a lot of games that season.

I enjoyed watching him that year and irrespective of whatever has gone on since I will remember him for his commendable efforts in a Morton shirt

No.......just no to mcmanus he can ply his trade in league 2 with some diddies

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Part of me feels really guilty for getting ripped into Declan, but then I remember that he snaked us big time. Not only us, but a manager who gave him the chance of first team football, ultimately earning him his move to Fleetwood.

Raith are an absolutely gubbins club and anyone with a right mind can see that; why he'd snake us at the 11th hour is anyone's guess, but he absolutely shouldn't be darkening our door again.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

The way he acted was shocking and shows he can't be trusted and he got his karma when he was relegated.

Bobby Barr I et. He got a pay rise and two year deal so fair play to him.

The guy got offered more money than we were offering I defy anyone who would not have done the same. There is no loyalty in football anymore.

McManus was being paid by Fleetwood: which club he played for on loan made no difference to how much money he made.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Bobby Barr I et. He got a pay rise and two year deal so fair play to him.

Bollocks to 'fair play' for that snake mercenary. He slithered over there to play under Ray 'Ray' McKinnon again like some sort of starstruck groupie and felt that Raith offered a 'bigger challenge' than The Famous. And he has duly been punished with the instant departure of his idol, the arrival of John Hughes who despised him and papped him to the bench and a humiliating relegation by a bunch of Angus bumpkins. A bigger challenge indeed when he and that horrible little club are slumming it out with Airdrie and Ayr for play-off spots behind Alloa next season. 

Wake works in glorious ways. 

1469911893075.jpg.4925e3af4e2d6f596567ea

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Regarding McManus, I will be in the minority, but I don't think its that big a deal. I would imagine this sort of thing is pretty common in football. Players will have offers and might state their intention to accept it, before other clubs jump in last minute or agents try and squeeze a few more pennies out of the deal elsewhere etc. I'm sure we have stole players from under other clubs noses in our time.

The issue with this one is that from memory, Duffy made it public about his intention to sign, which is very rare for him to do without a contract being signed. He usually keeps his cards very close to his chest but this one was discussed publicly, I remember it was brought up on Superscoreboard one night.

If McManus had went to Raith without us fans knowing about the discussion he had with Duffy, we would have still been gutted at the time and questioning why he went there over us, but I don't think we would be in this situation where we don't ever want him back.

In hindsight, he had a pretty rubbish season so I'm glad we never got him but I still rate him and he has shown over the last month or so that he can score a few goals for a mingin Raith side so if he was to play for a better Championship outfit, he could do well next season. I would be happy to see him come back. He is only 22, and we know on his day he is a very good striker.

It really depends how the relationship with Duffy and him is now. Perhaps Duffy wont want him back either.