Thread About Ex Player - Page 70 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Colin McMenamin will apparently sign for Stenhousemuir for next season. joining Stewart Greacen in the ex-Morton players club at Ochilview.

For all Stewart Greacen's faults, he was still a better centre back than any we had for the season just ended with the possible exception of Findlay.

For all Stewart Greacen's faults, he was still a better centre back than any we had for the season just ended with the possible exception of Findlay.

Really liked the big man, remember his overhead kick against Stirling?

Time was right when he did move on, but IMO served the club well.

Really liked the big man, remember his overhead kick against Stirling?

Time was right when he did move on, but IMO served the club well.

I was right behind that, being a ballboy at the time. Didn't he try it again in that game, or was that another time?

TIME FOR CHANGE!

He scored one at Forthbank and rattled the bar with a quite spectacular effort at Cappielow. I've no idea what Greacen is like now, but if he's still in good shape etc then I'd be delighted to have back. It seems solid defenders and solid, no-nonsense characters are in short supply in Scottish football these days, particularly down Cappielow way.

• Upvote 1

AWMSC

I played for an RAF team against a local Cypriot team last night. I was up front with...........Gary Tweedie!!

You know how people always say that ex-pros, even ex-Juniors, stand out a mile.

Was that the case with Garry?

Colin Stewart/Dominic Cervi played in goal following the season he left.

What a wasted talent. Retires at 27 years old having played less than 20 professional games.

• Downvote 2

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Very average keeper I'd say.

Hardly surprising given the amount of first team games he played in his career. I suppose we'll never know how good he could have been. 

• Downvote 2

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...