Thread About Ex Player - Page 68 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

We didn't get rid of him, he had a better offer and quite rightly left for a superior team.

Nope, he was still under contract when Kenny signed and he didnt play him for two games.  He didnt offer him an extension and chose to bring in McCormick instead. 

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

He didn't go to Motherwell for quite some time after both Shiels binning him and his contract expiring. I'd hazard a guess that the wage he's on at Motherwell, given the time that passed, is probably less than what he was on here.

AWMSC

I think Shiels confirmed that finances were the main reason for letting Reid go, and that he was able to bring in 2 players for the same wage as he was getting.

I wonder what two because if it was two of these players McCormick, Robertson or O'Connor  we would have been better keeping Reid.

Edited by Chesh

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

I don't really think McCormack turning out to be a honking footballer really alters the merit of shipping out a big wage, to be honest. Especially when the big wage was brought in to shore up a dodgy defence and spectacularly failed to do so, contributing as he did to such excellent defence displays like losing 5 goals to Cowdenbeath and Livingston.

Letting Reid go was the right thing to do within tight wage limits.

Edited by EanieMeany
  • Upvote 2

AWMSC

If it was a case of getting 2 players that could help save our season for the price of Reid then fair play but it was two guys who played the same position and were never likely to feature at the same time! As it turned out, one was hopeless and the other barely kicked a ball. 

TTG JIM!!!

I don't really think McCormack turning out to be a honking footballer really alters the merit of shipping out a big wage, to be honest. Especially when the big wage was brought in to shore up a dodgy defence and spectacularly failed to do so, contributing as he did to such excellent defence displays like losing 5 goals to Cowdenbeath and Livingston.

Letting Reid go was the right thing to do within tight wage limits.

Correctamundo. If we'd kept players like Reid and MacDonald we might still be in the Championship - nay - S.P.L. playoffs.

What a HORRENDOUS prospect.

Sustainability - here we come!  :ill:  :ill:

Correctamundo. If we'd kept players like Reid and MacDonald we might still be in the Championship - nay - S.P.L. playoffs.

What a HORRENDOUS prospect.

Sustainability - here we come!  :ill:  :ill:

Getting rid of a player who was contributing the root of fuck all towards bolstering the defence, to afford two (disappointing/crocked) January signings, was absolutely the correct and necessary gamble to make. No-one was discussing the contract situation last summer - do keep up. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Getting rid of a player who was contributing the root of **** all towards bolstering the defence, to afford two (disappointing/crocked) January signings, was absolutely the correct and necessary gamble to make. No-one was discussing the contract situation last summer - do keep up. 

My humble apologies Douglas.

He didn't go to Motherwell for quite some time after both Shiels binning him and his contract expiring. I'd hazard a guess that the wage he's on at Motherwell, given the time that passed, is probably less than what he was on here.

Aye, he's only playing for an appearance fee and win bonus with travel expenses, although McCall has now said he'll be offered a two year deal.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Aye, he's only playing for an appearance fee and win bonus with travel expenses, although McCall has now said he'll be offered a two year deal.

This publicised anywhere or just from a secret source? I do like Reid for some reason, glad it's working out for him at Motherwell.

This publicised anywhere or just from a secret source? I do like Reid for some reason, glad it's working out for him at Motherwell.

I'd suggest having a read at his Twitter. You'll soon see he's a pain in the arse.

Closely followed by his sidekick, O'Ware.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I'd suggest having a read at his Twitter. You'll soon see he's a pain in the arse.

I've looked before and it doesn't bother me. He has all the credentials of being a total fanny, but it doesn't seem to bother me.

I don't even fancy um or that.

Think it would be fair to say that a huge number of footballers are... well, not the most pleasant of people.

They usually aren't particularly bright, then have to handle being mini-celebrities... so it goes to their head.  Twitter is a bad thing.. as it let's the supporters see the kind of people their 'heroes' really are. It was probably better in the past, when we hardly knew anything about players.

From own experience (from Weatherson 7's) -  O'Ware was full of himself, he actually stood out from the rest in that way. Never rated him as a player either, so hope he'll be on his way out during the summer.