Thread About Ex Player - Page 55 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Tidser getting a lot of plaudits on Twitter today. 

Must give The FL show a watch tonight. 

His second start in a row. His patience looks like it's paying off.

• Downvote 1

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I always liked Stewart Greacen. He never gave less than 100% and for a while when Dominic Shimmin looked as if he was interested they formed a very solid centre back pairing. He's only 31 so will still do a decent job for either of the teams mentioned. I wish him well.

Funny how much bad press he and Harding got and yet compared to the recent incumbents they were world beaters. Always liked Greacen as he gave his all. Good luck to him.

• Downvote 1

I'd say it's more the clubs patience rather than his.

Yes possibly, although I don't think he was bought for the starting 11. Anyway, looks like has been given a chance, don't know if it's down to injuries, suspensions or just doing well in training, but he appears to be making the most of it. Good luck to him.

• Downvote 1

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

It's funny how few of our ex-players (not counting trialists) were involved in the Scottish Cup yesterday, especially for a better side. Once you leave Morton your career is generally on a downward trajectory!

Albion v Motherwell - Gary Phillips scored; Matt McGinley and Martin Maguire were unused subs.

Alloa v Stirling - Graeme Holmes scored; Kieran McAnespie and Ross Forsyth started.

Ayr v Dunfermline - Scott McLaughlin started.

Berwick v Dumbarton - Andy Graham started.

Brechin v Forfar - Alan Trouten scored; Andy Jackson and Chris Templeman started.

Clyde v Stranraer - David MacGregor and Chris Aitken started.

Dundee v Raith - Jim McAlister and Peter MacDonald started; Kevin McCann was a sub; Carlo Monti was an unused sub.

Dundee Utd v Kilmarnock - Brian Graham scored

QOS v St Mirren - Iain Russell scored; Jason Naismith and Paul McGowan started; Derek Lyle was a sub; David van Zanten was an unused sub.

St Johnstone v Livingston - Chris Millar started; Kyle Wilkie was an unused sub.

Funny how much bad press he and Harding got and yet compared to the recent incumbents they were world beaters. 

^^^ idiot found

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

But not incorrect.  :1eye:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Weatherson out for a full year as he has ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament and needs full reconstruction. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Ouch. Looks like that will be it for him. 

• Downvote 1

Evans said in the post match interview that Tidser was back where he'd been three weeks ago. Tough at the top!

"Only by understanding what a rebellion accomplishes can we see its limitations. A rebellion disrupts the society, but it does not provide what is necessary to establish a new social order." James and Grace Lee Boggs.