Thread About Ex Player - Page 20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

they play for different teams though so its not confusing at all

It is when Marc was playing for Arbroath before (so moving to Forfar would make sense), Sky/Soccerbase and co. regularly mix them up; and now the good one is playing in the same position as him, which is one that he didn't used to play in.

If a professional football manager could make the mistake and sign the wrong one, then someone quickly glancing at team lines can easily do it.

It is when Marc was playing for Arbroath before (so moving to Forfar would make sense), Sky/Soccerbase and co. regularly mix them up; and now the good one is playing in the same position as him, which is one that he didn't used to play in.

If a professional football manager could make the mistake and sign the wrong one, then someone quickly glancing at team lines can easily do it.

how do you mean he signed the wrong one?

MON EH TON!

.....like mistaking steven thompson and steven thomson.

.....or simply mistaking right and wrong......!

Admit it, you are wrong. Not confusing at all really..

What the hell are you talking about? :1eye:

I've agreed with her from the very beginning. Then she mentioned about being confused, so I explained how the problem occurred.

While I accept that the novelty/exotic/whatever you want to call it factor that comes with foreign players leads some fans to think of them more fondly, I'd say the reason Bachirou is thought of far more fondly than Monti is just that he was a far better player. Most people happily accepted that Bachirou had performed to standard which indicated he could play at a higher level, so everyone understood his decision to leave and look for a bigger club. I didn't think Monti was as bad as a lot of people made him out to be - christ, I'd have had him last season ahead of Forsyth, Young or McGeough, and we'd have scored more penalties - but he was still a mediocre player in a poor team who got a bit arrogant and thought he could do better than Morton, unlike Bachirou who genuinely was a standout last season, albeit still in a poor team, and therefore had a real basis for believing he could do better.

As for LargsTON's comments on Stevenson, most of us probably made a ridiculous comment about a player who looked great in the Second Division and was then found out in the First. That applies to pretty much everyone we had in the Second Division winning team who wasn't already thought of as a bit s***e (Finlayson, Harding) other than Millar.

good post. monti wasn't great but wasn't terrible, just far too arrogant, especially when you consider he wasn't even close to being a first choice player in a very poor team.

They must love Cup competitions - 8-0 today and we've hammered them 8-0, 7-1 and 6-3 in recent years!

it is a joke though - the club should be embarassed of themselves for these types of scores every year

thornton if thats the mark mcculloch that used to play for livingston then, back in 2004 he was never going to sign for us!

iIRC, when marc mcculloch signed, we did need a left bacl and, remembering how we signed players then, we wouldv played against him the previous season, so if he impressed against us, like weatherson and templeman had, then seems fair we would sign him.

....and i was only taking the mick with previous post!

For the one(s) who take pleasure from publicly laughing at former players and their careers, i give you an irvine welsh quote:

" always remember that those who call you a one trick pony are often no trick ponies themselves."

Or in some cases, total horse's c,ocks (take note Thornton)

RIP New Order...

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. I see Jim McAlister played for Dundee against Killie on Saturday.

I take it he's signed as I didn't think you could play trialists in the SPL? Good luck to him.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness