Thread About Ex Player - Page 16 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

On the McAlister front, Div2 is about his level doubt he'll make it with Sevco given their determination to squander vast amounts of cash to get through the seaside leagues.

No doubt we will still have those who remember the Pelesque skills , mazy runs past player after cart horse before falling over his own feet when he got into the box, a player sorely missed.

On the McAlister front, Div2 is about his level doubt he'll make it with Sevco given their determination to squander vast amounts of cash to get through the seaside leagues.

No doubt we will still have those who remember the Pelesque skills , mazy runs past player after cart horse before falling over his own feet when he got into the box, a player sorely missed.

A tad unfair - played his heart out for us and deserved his shot at SPL - shame he opted for Accies. He'd be perfect for Sevco I'd say.

A tad unfair - played his heart out for us and deserved his shot at SPL - shame he opted for Accies. He'd be perfect for Sevco I'd say.
When that was his only quality it explains why he's scratching about in the depths of Hell to try and find a club willing to accept "runs about like a headless chicken" as a prime selling point.

Ideal for Sevco after watching how s***e they were going forward, he'll fit in perfectly!

When that was his only quality it explains why he's scratching about in the depths of Hell to try and find a club willing to accept "runs about like a headless chicken" as a prime selling point.

Ideal for Sevco after watching how s***e they were going forward, he'll fit in perfectly!

Might not be a world beater but as said above he's given his all to the game since he was a youngster and (as far as I'm aware) remains a dedicated pro to this day. Probably deserves a wee break so I hope he get's fixed up, as they say.

Show Racism the Red Card

Might not be a world beater but as said above he's given his all to the game since he was a youngster and (as far as I'm aware) remains a dedicated pro to this day. Probably deserves a wee break so I hope he get's fixed up, as they say.

Quite right ! Too many talentless pricks always ready to criticise a trier.

Foobs :ph34r:

Although Jim faded towards the end of his time with us he gave really good service to the club and always gave 100%.

He does lack a bit of composure at times but he is a decent player as some of his reviews for Hamilton in the SPL showed.

I hope he finds a new club soon and at a decent level.

Edited by Mr Toon

Although Jim faded towards the end of his time with us he gave really good service to the club and always gave 100%.

He does lack a bit of composure at times but he is a decent player as some of his reviews for Hamilton in the SPL showed.

I hope he finds a new club soon and at a decent level.

Jimbo is a lifelong Rangers supporter and by definition, 'pond life'.

Perhaps the frog will turn into a Prince before it croaks.

Allez les grenouilles!

Etta

Edited by etta crouTON

Quite right ! Too many talentless pricks always ready to criticise a trier.

Foobs :ph34r:

No one tried more than Kev Finlayson that however did not exempt him from putting more crosses in the coal dipit than the box. Part of our problem why we did not have a greater impact in the 1st division was our faith in guys who were simply not good enough at the next level.

Edited by chrissiboi

Ridiculous comments here.

Jim McAllister is a decent player who often makes a mess of the final pass. He'd be a good siging for any first division team as a wide midfielder/ fullback.

Note to self - be nice to the opposition.

Jim was a good player for us, and by all accounts a good player for Hamilton. Their fans seemed to like him.

In times where clubs are looking to sign players who can play in more than one position, any club in this division would be lucky to have him.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

In times where clubs are looking to sign players who can play in more than one position, any club in this division would be lucky to have him.

Then why has no-one offered him an acceptable deal?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

How do you know no one has offered him an acceptable deal?

Because if they had, he'd have signed it: having considered it an acceptable deal.

:wacko: :1eye:

So either Jim's fanboys can pretend he's been hanging off all summer waiting on the Sevco situation sorting itself out, or they can draw the conclusion many of us held years ago: that he was an over-rated player lacking an end-product.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him ultimately washing up at Peterhead along with the rest of our rejects.

• Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

played his heart out

he's given his all to the game

a trier

often makes a mess of the final pass

decent player

Well doesn't he just sound marvellous? Let's get him back!

As chrissiboi said earlier, Kevin Finlayson meets this description as well. Hence why he was last seen working as a tarrier for Glasgow City Council...

EDIT: The inevitable report on the SFL website has come through. Be interesting to see what his record has been since that day at Cliftonhill, but he went almost a whole season last year without injury.

Edited by ThornTON

Whilst I can't disagree factually with much that has been said about Jim, I do think that he was badly mistreated by successive managers.

As a right-sided player who had no crossing talent, he was patently unsuited to the left-winger/left-wing-back role with which he ended up being straddled for almost his entire Morton career.

It was his misfortune that his energy and workrate partly compensated for his lack of ability in the role and resulted him what should have been a temporary "patch" becoming a permanent solution.

He clearly had potential in his late-teens and, had he been properly nurtered (or been allowed to escape when Motherwell made their move), may have made the grade.

I side firmly with those who wouldn't have him back, not now, but I think some of the criticism for a guy who was never a waster is unfair.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

Well doesn't he just sound marvellous? Let's get him back!

As chrissiboi said earlier, Kevin Finlayson meets this description as well. Hence why he was last seen working as a tarrier for Glasgow City Council...

EDIT: The inevitable report on the SFL website has come through. Be interesting to see what his record has been since that day at Cliftonhill, but he went almost a whole season last year without injury.

Aye, whatever. Away and talk pish about wrestling or oh so ironically bad horror movies. Never anything good to say about anyone.