Thread About Ex Player - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

I thought he had signed for Hamilton ages ago. What happened with that? he does seem to have quite a high opinion of his own ability.

He seems to, but he's obviously not impressing when he scored (as they got horsed by Thistle) and still got only 15 minutes in the next game.

Remember the crap French keeper who played the second half against Motherwell last pre-season, Florian Verplanck?

Turns out he spent 11 games sitting on the bench for amateur club Dunkerque last season. Looks like we dodged a diddy there...

Edited by ThornTON

Remember the crap French keeper who played the second half against Motherwell last pre-season, Florian Verplanck?

Turns out he spent 11 games sitting on the bench for amateur club Dunkerque last season. Looks like we dodged a diddy there...

Talking of keepers :rolleyes: ...Has Colin Stewart found a team yet?

Edited by Colkitto

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

joel kasubandi signing for cowdenbeath

Still not got a club and wasn't in the squad as Ayr drew 1-1 with Glentoran at the weekend.

EDIT: Turns out he had a slight injury.

Talking of keepers :rolleyes: ...Has Colin Stewart found a team yet?

Nope, surely he'll end up having to drop a division? Surely everybody at this level knows he's s***e by now! :lol:

Edited by ThornTON

Still not got a club and wasn't in the squad as Ayr drew 1-1 with Glentoran at the weekend.

Nope, surely he'll end up having to drop a division? Surely everybody at this level knows he's s***e by now! :lol:

Heard on Saturday that Stewart is at Airdrie, whether signed or on trial I don't know

Has Kasubandi not already signed for Ayr? Despite having been said to have signed for Hamilton after he left us... Is he actually twins?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Jim McAlister is training with Carlisle having been recommended to them, along with Mark Kerr, by Carlisle's new local scout, none other than Davie Irons.

Saw McAlister at Cappielow on Saturday.

Has wee Fred actually signed for anyone yet... or has he done the fool Monti?

An old one (from June) but not mentioned yet; Dominic Cervi released by Celtic, I wonder where he'll end up... will it be a higher level than Colin Stewart?

There wasn't much between them tbh!

We certainly have two better keepers now. As for comparing him and Stewart, I think the difference was that he was a fairly confident guy whereas Stewart's confidence was totally shot! If anything Stewart was technically better.

We certainly have two better keepers now. As for comparing him and Stewart, I think the difference was that he was a fairly confident guy whereas Stewart's confidence was totally shot! If anything Stewart was technically better.

I must say I love your optimism, but Gaston hasn't even played a game at first division level yet, so how you can claim he's certainly better I'm not quite sure. He did impress on Saturday, but I've seen Stewart have games like that in the past. He certainly looks like a very promising 'keeper, but as you say (technically) Stewart was a promising 'keeper as well. Hopefully Gaston will prove to be better in the long run, but there's nothing certain about it!

An old one (from June) but not mentioned yet; Dominic Cervi released by Celtic, I wonder where he'll end up... will it be a higher level than Colin Stewart?

There wasn't much between them tbh!

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was going to be training with LA Galaxy. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pitch up somewhere in the MLS.

I must say I love your optimism, but Gaston hasn't even played a game at first division level yet, so how you can claim he's certainly better I'm not quite sure. He did impress on Saturday, but I've seen Stewart have games like that in the past. He certainly looks like a very promising 'keeper, but as you say (technically) Stewart was a promising 'keeper as well. Hopefully Gaston will prove to be better in the long run, but there's nothing certain about it!

I've seen him in three games now - Albion Rovers, Kilmarnock, St Mirren plus hear reports from others who were at the game against the Roumanian team that we lost 5-2?, who say he played a blinder and kept the score respectable.

I am convinced we have a good keeper on our hands.

I've seen him in three games now - Albion Rovers, Kilmarnock, St Mirren plus hear reports from others who were at the game against the Roumanian team that we lost 5-2?, who say he played a blinder and kept the score respectable.

Yeh, I agree. I saw him play against Rapid Bucharest, Albion Rovers and St. Mirren and he's played well in all of them. He was outstanding against Rapid and pulled off 5 or 6 point blank saves to keep the scoreline reasonably respectable.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was going to be training with LA Galaxy. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pitch up somewhere in the MLS.

The Sun stated that he was in training with LA Galaxy, but Cervi (apparently) tweeted to say that he was in Las Vegas and the story was nonsense.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

He's certainly looking like a very talented 'keeper, and I'm hopefull that this will translate into consistent performaces at this level. I also think that Stirling looks like a much better player than McGeough, but only time will tell if it really turns out to be the case. You have to remember that Stewart won PotY awards with us; technically talented goalkeepers don't always turn out to be consistent performers.

Early proclamations about players has a habit of coming back to bite people on the arse. We were all very excited at the prospect of our new full backs and forwards last season, but it didn't exactly work out as planned...

Cervi has been linked with several MLS clubs as back-up, but there's nothing concrete on any of the rumours.