Thread About Ex Player - Page 358 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Robert Thomson makes it 1-0 for for Alloa against Dundee

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

And then fails to tap in a ball from 0.4 yards out for a second goal.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

In the Shan Derby at Firhill, Falkirk took an early lead, only for Brian Graham to engineer a fightback with an assist and a goal to put Thistle 2-1 up. Right at the death, though, Charlie Telfer popped up with an equalizer to end the game at a hilarious and ideal scoreline of 2-2.

This leaves Falkirk with 8 points from four games, four behind the unstoppable Cove Rangers. Partick Thistle languish in sixth with four points, equal with East Fife and just two points ahead of bottom club Forfar Athletic.

Dumbarton, Montrose, and Airdrie are all ahead of Ian McCall's outfit, who face a difficult trip to Championship high-flyers Greenock Morton in their next match, a League Cup fixture on the 14th.

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

In fairness Cove have had an easy fixture list and will eventually start dropping points, but I for one am relishing the way Paul Hartley's shock troops have started the campaign.

Forgot it was Hartley. Scrap that. Hartley's Cove helping keep Falkirk down is the 2021 we need.

20 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

When we lost on penalties in the Cup at Love Street in a midweek game years ago - 2004? Hartley was in with the Morton fans. I'll forgive him the 10-2 remarks.

I will not unless he concedes that his own captain's role in a 9-0 doing at Celtic Park as an Aberdeen player was also caused by an illegal betting scandal, or he makes a full and suitably grovelling apology for dragging up that sordid business of 2004 when we were about done with 'being fucking stinking all season'. 

That said, 2020-21 Scottish League One is stacked with more reprehensible outfits than the entire Axis side of the Second World War, so I'd be willing to hold my nose and tolerate this lesser evil in the event that Montrose don't make a glorious run to the title.

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just now, TONofmemories said:

Ah, yes, the red dots. Conspired between you all. A truly sad day for this once proud corner of the internet. 

Oh, Rd,dh

The clique will be round to deal with that, champ. Thanks for playing.

• Upvote 2

It starts with mewling about red dots and a forum clique; it ends with a tear-drenched resignation post being added to a signature. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 2

Well yes, I take it upon myself to encapsulate them in amber to preserve them for all time. Which has more than served its purpose as a Zhivago repellent until now.

You're all very welcome.

clarkson smug face.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

When we lost on penalties in the Cup at Love Street in a midweek game years ago - 2004? Hartley was in with the Morton fans. I'll forgive him the 10-2 remarks.

Scored a free-kick at Love Street for us and ran straight to the home fans to celebrate it - makes him okay in my books.

Genuinely surprised to see the poster above you talk about "him being a tim" - which is not the sort of patter I'd expect to see on a Morton forum.

Edited by AyrshireTon
Edited for clarity.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.