Thread About Ex Player - Page 357 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

56 minutes ago, Toby said:

It should also be pointed out that the only Morton player that their commentary team knew anything about was Robbie Muirhead, off the back of a few appearances for Dundee United. Mistaking Kyle Jacobs for Keghan was poor too. Is it too much to expect a commentary team to know a bit about the team they’re playing against for a game involving two teams in the same division? Especially when you’re paying £12.50 for the privilege?

They mistook about 3 different players for Jim Mcalister too. 

1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Fair comment.

I like the fact we do re-runs of the previous games, interviews etc throughout the build up and generally make the effort to make it look decent. Both Gerry and Andy likely doing it for free, if not next to nothing. 

Dundee's was just pure shite. it's hard listening to folk mumble from up there at the best of times but it really was chronic.

Edit: i'm actually ok with him not knowing every small detail about Morton the way most folk on here probably do and i'm certainly on board with Ritchie when he criticises blindingly obvious mistakes or points out what we need to improve on. It's a far better approach than some club TV accounts that just suck right up the arse of the club, irrespective of performance or result.

Andy was (at times) sounding exasperated when the likes of a promising move was flagged offside or a final ball was overhit - pretty much saying what we’d all be thinking.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Struggle to understand this thought. Is it not part of the very role he was brought on board to do?

I'm sure i read it somewhere (could be wrong). Can''t imagine Ritchie is getting anything or much. 

Regardless, we've got something good! Not that you're disputing that. More a general point following the hounding Gerry was getting back at the start 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

12 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

I'm sure i read it somewhere (could be wrong). Can''t imagine Ritchie is getting anything or much. 

Regardless, we've got something good! Not that you're disputing that. More a general point following the hounding Gerry was getting back at the start 

Yeah, there's been plenty of praise and retractions since then. Definitely agree we have something positive, and agree that Ritchie probably isn't getting much for doing it, just pointing out that despite the fancy title, when Gerry was appointed, most of the info was that he would be overseeing the streaming and doing the commentary as part of his role.

22 hours ago, Toby said:

It should also be pointed out that the only Morton player that their commentary team knew anything about was Robbie Muirhead, off the back of a few appearances for Dundee United. Mistaking Kyle Jacobs for Keghan was poor too. Is it too much to expect a commentary team to know a bit about the team they’re playing against for a game involving two teams in the same division? Especially when you’re paying £12.50 for the privilege?

Should this not be on the Morton TV thread?

• Downvote 4

On 10/19/2020 at 2:34 PM, TRVMP said:

TPS thump hapless Rovaniemi 4-1. Nonetheless they remain second last in the table, 4 points behind Haka but with a game in hand.

If they do end up finishing 2nd last, they enter a relegation playoff against the team placed second in the First Division.

The Finnish relegation playoff has been cancelled due to the 'rona. TPS stay up in 11th place out of 12. They won their last game of the season, coming from behind to beat KuPS 3-2 at home, but still fell short of 10th.

They've just signed Jon Daly as assistant manager and U-23 coach.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Apparently it's not been cancelled. English Wikipedia says it is but Finnish Wikipedia says it's not. It's just not properly scheduled yet. So they still have to beat a Second Division team to stay up.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Apparently it's not been cancelled. English Wikipedia says it is but Finnish Wikipedia says it's not. It's just not properly scheduled yet. So they still have to beat a Second Division team to stay up.

Maybe it's just Finnish'd.  :D

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

15 hours ago, TRVMP said:

The Finnish relegation playoff has been cancelled due to the 'rona. TPS stay up in 11th place out of 12. They won their last game of the season, coming from behind to beat KuPS 3-2 at home, but still fell short of 10th.

They've just signed Jon Daly as assistant manager and U-23 coach.

Hope that retires him from punditry