Thread About Ex Player - Page 355 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

18 hours ago, Waverley said:

I still remember a colleague of mine ranting about how good a midfield of Joe Mason and Jim Townsend would be. It almost came to fruition but, unfortunately, Joe left shortly before Jim arrived and my colleague's wish became only a dream.

Joe Mason was a striker, not a midfielder

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age but it's not nice to see a young player suffer like that. It's not his fault he lined up against Milan. He didn't pick himself.

No, he didn't. The fault lies with his clueless manager who threw him in for two important games despite being nowhere near the required standard: think of Welsh as the new Creag Little, floundering back post clearances against Motherwell in our six goal bleaching.

These facts were however entirely foreseeable to any sentient being who had actually watched Welsh play at a lower level just last season though, so the humiliation is now equally shared by the senile fanny of the forum for trying to turn it into a rags to riches tale about the perils of the big, bad Morton fanbase. If TGFITW were allowed into their piggery last night they'd have slaughtered him as well. Welcome to professional football.

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Kris Doolan playing for Arbroath against Hearts on BBC Scotland right now. Did he really only make one sub appearance for us?

Yep. Played 12 minutes of our 2-2 draw with QoS. Sat on the bench in the 4-4 draw with Alloa. Never appeared in a squad otherwise. Turned out this was due to injury:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/18625358.striker-reveals-injury-woe-marred-morton-spell---another-player-heads-exit/

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Yep. Played 12 minutes of our 2-2 draw with QoS. Sat on the bench in the 4-4 draw with Alloa. Never appeared in a squad otherwise. Turned out this was due to injury:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/18625358.striker-reveals-injury-woe-marred-morton-spell---another-player-heads-exit/

Literally touched the ball once in that 12 minutes.

Pound for pound the best signing we've ever made, IMO.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I’ve never thought of Joe Mason as a midfielder. He was a centre forward, but not of the battering ram type. A great player who scored one of the best goals I’ve ever seen, against Third Lanark in the 1966-7 promotion season. At what used to be called the Wee Dublin end. Without breaking stride, he backheeled a cross from the left which was slightly behind him over his own head and as it dropped he first timed it into the top corner. We had some great players in those days.

• Upvote 2

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

I’ve never thought of Joe Mason as a midfielder. He was a centre forward, but not of the battering ram type. A great player who scored one of the best goals I’ve ever seen, against Third Lanark in the 1966-7 promotion season. At what used to be called the Wee Dublin end. Without breaking stride, he backheeled a cross from the left which was slightly behind him over his own head and as it dropped he first timed it into the top corner. We had some great players in those days.

Unless some transient Tim was allowed to rename it without consulting the supporters, it is still called the Wee Dublin End, just like it has for over a hundred years and will continue to be called for many years to come.

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

So for most on this forum the main purpose for “thread about ex player” is to reinforce your seething abuse of an ex-player by gloating over his performances if he hasn’t gone on to improve as a player. You’ve also focussed this hatred onto one player now, conveniently forgetting this is a general and ongoing trait amongst those whose main contribution is to spout your imagined expertise against young players trying to make their way in the game, then loving being able to say “I told you so”.

If that’s what makes you tick and gets you up in the morning: congratulations, that’s another failure added to your list.

I feel sorry for you guys I really do!

• Downvote 6

11 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

So for most on this forum the main purpose for “thread about ex player” is to reinforce your seething abuse of an ex-player by gloating over his performances if he hasn’t gone on to improve as a player. You’ve also focussed this hatred onto one player now, conveniently forgetting this is a general and ongoing trait amongst those whose main contribution is to spout your imagined expertise against young players trying to make their way in the game, then loving being able to say “I told you so”.

If that’s what makes you tick and gets you up in the morning: congratulations, that’s another failure added to your list.

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

28 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

It's not just this, Eric M grassing on me for calling him a cunt also put a smile on my face. Hope this helps :) .

Edited by Toby
  • Upvote 2

I don't remember the date but I do remember Joe having a blinder against Rangers at Cappielow and within a week or 2 he was signed by them at the ripe old age of around 30. I'm not too sure if he played many games for the Gers.

5 hours ago, Alibi said:

Joe was before my time, although I did see him play I was too young to have any clear recollections of him, but this is the first time I've ever heard if him being described as a midfielder.

45 minutes ago, jpmil said:

I don't remember the date but I do remember Joe having a blinder against Rangers at Cappielow and within a week or 2 he was signed by them at the ripe old age of around 30. I'm not too sure if he played many games for the Gers.

I think he was signed as a player-coach, and he did play a handful of games for them I think

• Upvote 1

Guest Eric M.
On 10/22/2020 at 11:56 PM, Toby said:

Greenie to cancel out the red from that returning cunt, Eric M. Hello Eric M, you cunt.

And a cheery hello to you too.😀