Thread About Ex Player - Page 353 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

He's gone from threatening to go and play for Portugal to not being able to get a game for Port Glasgow. 

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

On 10/12/2020 at 10:42 AM, BishopLenBrennan said:

Spent most of his developmental years either on the treatment table or moving around from club to club, and off the pitch seems to be a wrong'un. It's a no from me. 

From before he came to Morton:

https://boards.footymad.net/archive/index.php/t-38173012.html

Wrong'un indeed.

*insert signature here*

Regardless of how Welsh plays for Celtic, there's absolutely nothing wrong with saying he was shite for Morton: that's an undeniable fact to anyone with the slightest understanding of football who watched him.

I reckon he might still turn out to be excellent centre back, but he's clearly not a right back and as that's where he played every week he was dreadful. Even in the unlikely event he goes on to play at the highest level and win the Champions League several times, it won't change that fact.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

23 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Regardless of how Welsh plays for Celtic, there's absolutely nothing wrong with saying he was shite for Morton: that's an undeniable fact to anyone with the slightest understanding of football who watched him.

I reckon he might still turn out to be excellent centre back, but he's clearly not a right back and as that's where he played every week he was dreadful. Even in the unlikely event he goes on to play at the highest level and win the Champions League several times, it won't change that fact.

I said “some”! Perhaps it would be more accurate to say “too quick to judge a player”. I remember Tam O’Ware not being allowed to settle from the time he made his debut till he eventually somehow established himself despite constant booing and criticism. Brian Graham and others suffered similar fates, yet people act surprised when the same players enjoy putting one over Morton? People should look up the word “supporter” in the dictionary before the next time they feel like lambasting one of their own young players.

• Downvote 6

47 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

I said “some”! Perhaps it would be more accurate to say “too quick to judge a player”. I remember Tam O’Ware not being allowed to settle from the time he made his debut till he eventually somehow established himself despite constant booing and criticism. Brian Graham and others suffered similar fates, yet people act surprised when the same players enjoy putting one over Morton? People should look up the word “supporter” in the dictionary before the next time they feel like lambasting one of their own young players.

^^^^ Tam O'Ware's maw found. ^^^

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

23 hours ago, vikingTON said:

How's that love of putting one over The Famous working out for those cunts right now? Perhaps they should focus on getting one over no-mark minnows like 'Clyde' in their bid to avoid relegation to the fourth tier of Scottish football first and then only speaking to their superiors like ourselves when told to, which will of course be 'never'.

And Welsh wasn't even 'one of our own young players': he was a loanee from another club who was shite when he played for us and is shite when he plays for Celtic under their own shite manager. Other than all of that though, a solid 0/10 contribution from yourself and a merited rd;dh.

Mr VikingTON, we the jury accept your plea of guilty to taking more pleasure out of denigrating Greenock Morton Football Club, it’s management, players and fans, than you do in actually supporting the club.

• Downvote 6

In around an hour, Jonatan Johannson's TPS take on RoPS in a bottom of the table clash. 

TPS are winless in seven, after a brief rally in August, while RoPS have just five points to TPS' 12.

You'd have to think that if TPS can't beat RoPS at home then JJ's job will be in jeopardy.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree said:

Mr VikingTON, we the jury accept your plea of guilty to taking more pleasure out of denigrating Greenock Morton Football Club, it’s management, players and fans, than you do in actually supporting the club.

If Morton's goals per game got anywhere close to your riddies per post rate we'd win the championship at a canter.

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2020 at 7:59 AM, dunning1874 said:

It's amazing how people don't get this. Similarly it's obvious that Barrie McKay didn't try a leg for us and wasn't that good as a result. But he had excellent attributes that ended up serving him well at a higher level. If he leads Swansea/Fleetwood/whoever to a Leicesteresque Premier League title, he was still pretty poor for Morton.

EOho8Pw.png