Thread About Ex Player - Page 351 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Toby said:

On the subject of Duffy, I haven’t seen it mentioned, but how many loan slots are a club allowed this season, and has this shit show wasted one of ours, in spite of him not actually playing for us?

Limit increased from 4 to 6 at any one time. Not sure if there are still overall limits.

The loan window after the transfer window closes, which was previously just for L1 and L2 clubs has also been extended to the Championship so we can still make loans throughout October.

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

We can rule out travel being the issue then, or testing. What on earth’s actually happened there?

Heard last week his agent is the same agent as John Robertsons and he tried to sign him permanently last week but was told the loan deal to Morton was already done by St Johnstone. Not in the least bit surprised that a week or so later, he has been linked with a move up there after leaving us for "non footballing reasons"

Edited by Madton

Ryan Scully gets a move to Accies. Thats 3 of our recent keepers in the prem now and he is by far the worst of the three, imagine he will be the 2nd choice but look how much game time Rogers ended up getting.

Edited by so72

1 hour ago, so72 said:

Ryan Scully gets a move to Accies. Thats 3 of our recent keepers in the prem now and he is by far the worst of the three, imagine he will be the 2nd choice but look how kuch game time Rogers ended up getting.

Jesus H Christ 

• Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 hours ago, Toby said:

Ross Caldwell signs for Darvel.

I thought he was decent for us. If memory serves me right he wasn't with us for very long though? 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

18 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

I thought he was decent for us. If memory serves me right he wasn't with us for very long though? 

I think he was unfortunate that, having signed him and Peaso in the January window, McManus then came back on deadline day from Aberdeen, so his chances were going to be much more limited than he might’ve expected. His career path did take a bit of a Dominic Shimmin style trajectory almost from day one though, so he was probably never going to be that great above League One.

• Upvote 1

Wallace Duffy released from his contract by St. Johnstone.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.