Thread About Ex Player - Page 348 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

H Paul O'Donnell on Twitter: "@TheTallyVic @Jan_Lewicki Birthday ...

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think that he views 'playing up to the fans' as 'faking a positive relationship with them', as opposed to the salt of the earth honesty that he alone gifts to the Scottish game, so in his feeble mind it's not a contradiction at all. The fans are just rubes to have a pop at when you're playing shite and for trying to goad on social media and getting bodied instead. The idea of winning their respect is totally foreign to him, mostly because of his horrible character but also because he was too shite to even win grudging merit for what he did on the park.

Celebrating a career of unmitigated failure outside of playing for The Famous - the only 'great club' on his otherwise rent-a-jobber-outfit CV - whom he despised and was despised by in equal measure. It's just a shame that Davie Irons maintained his timeless professional dignity when McLaughlin landed a punch on him in the dressing room like the petulant, wee man-child that he is. He should have given him a total bleaching instead. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 8/21/2020 at 2:01 PM, vikingTON said:

I haven't seen as desperate a clutching at straws exercise since Dougie announced Kieran McAnespie's signing as that of 'an English Premiership winger'. 

He once carried the kit basket at France 98.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

13 minutes ago, so72 said:

Sam Ramsbottom pictured at...wait for it...Falkirk pre-season!

😂😂😂

PMSL. 

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

31 minutes ago, Scott said:

Bachirou linked with a £600k move to Nottingham Forrest. 

I believe he stated a few years ago that he wanted to eventually finish his career at Morton maybe he is heading back to Britain to eventually do it.

52 minutes ago, bigB said:

I believe he stated a few years ago that he wanted to eventually finish his career at Morton maybe he is heading back to Britain to eventually do it.

Hope he never darkens our door again.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bigB said:

As much as I'd like to see it, his career has moved on even further than probably he even thought it would. Would be very surprised if it happened.

• Downvote 3

I’m not too clued up on the goings on when Fred left and whether the rumours are true but it’s at least nice to see a former player of ours who the majority thought was fantastic to go on to have a pretty decent career. Not sure if anyone can beat it in recent memory? 

54 minutes ago, port-ton said:

About time Nottingham Forest returned to the summit of the European game so good signing for them. 

Much as I don’t like him, I must admit I found it ironic to see Forest fans on Twitter saying he’s not the level of player they should be looking at.

Considering Malmo are the very club that Forest beat in their first European Cup final and are not quite the force they once were, but are still good enough to compete in the relatively latter stages of European competition most seasons, I’d suggest that a club that’s festered in England’s second tier and below for 20 odd years should be pretty chuffed about bringing in a player of his calibre. Or at least should be in the position to have a bit of respect for a small club that haven’t reached their previous heights in recent years.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

Much as I don’t like him, I must admit I found it ironic to see Forest fans on Twitter saying he’s not the level of player they should be looking at.

Considering Malmo are the very club that Forest beat in their first European Cup final and are not quite the force they once were, but are still good enough to compete in the relatively latter stages of European competition most seasons, I’d suggest that a club that’s festered in England’s second tier and below for 20 odd years should be pretty chuffed about bringing in a player of his calibre. Or at least should be in the position to have a bit of respect for a small club that haven’t reached their previous heights in recent years.

Aye I saw someone say they don't need him because they had Jack Colback ffs 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif