Thread About Ex Player - Page 344 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

They were a semi-relevant club not too long ago. Probably earning alright money - they get gates not much smaller than ours and their commercial revenue will dwarf that of Morton. Two-year deal for him as well. And I bet he stinks the place out.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

Danny Rogers concedes a free kick against Celtic from about 40 yards out.

Edited by AyrshireTon
Typo

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

21 hours ago, Toby said:

I see the BBC Scotland channel showing a documentary about the ups and downs of Garry O’Connor’s career.

That should be some laugh.

I once bid £100 for his Locomotiv Moscow top at the Sportsmans dinner c.2005.  I never won it.  Bullet dodged. 

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

2 hours ago, Woody66 said:

He didn't go to Moscow until 2007. Think you've got your dates mixed up pal.

Quite possibly.  It was over a decade ago anyway and I don't care that much about it.  

Next.

ETA:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/4752964.stm

That date was about right, as he was in the news at the time.  The sportsmans dinner was at the Greenock Town Hall within a few weeks of it.  Andy McLaren played for Morton at the time, him and big Gillian Donaldson were always out smoking at the same time as me.  

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

On 8/13/2020 at 1:35 AM, capitanus said:

Quite possibly.  It was over a decade ago anyway and I don't care that much about it.  

Next.

ETA:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/4752964.stm

That date was about right, as he was in the news at the time.  The sportsmans dinner was at the Greenock Town Hall within a few weeks of it.  Andy McLaren played for Morton at the time, him and big Gillian Donaldson were always out smoking at the same time as me.  

Smoking isn't big or clever. Have yourself a word with Andy Morrison and get yourself off it before it's too late.

• Downvote 4

Jack Iredale has signed for Cambridge United as well.

I'm not one to always clamour for ex-players to return, but those were two players who weren't unrealistic targets and would have been a collosal improvement on what we currently have at centre back, while Iredale would have given us cover at left back as well. Obviously Iredale hardly played at centre back for us, but we know he can defend remotely competently which sets him apart from what we have.

Obviously we're still weeks away and there will be plenty of players out there they might be looking at, but every time a centre back we know of signs elsewhere it increases the fear that we might actually end up with McGinty and McLean as our first choice centre back partnership.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake