Thread About Ex Player - Page 341 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

19 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

I do love the perception that it's food banks vs comfort between this level and QP.

A couple of hundred pound a week or even a month is a huge difference when you have a mortgage and family. 

It's different for younger players staying with families or flat sharing but it gets to a point in your career where you need to decide if it's worth the gamble of a lower wage and hope of a better move by playing well at a higher level or accepting where you're at and taking the highest offer to do a job that's most people's hobby. 

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

He's got a family and is heading towards the end of his career so is unlikely to get a move to a higher level so can't really blame him. 

The choice is between playing at a higher level and struggling to get by (maybe even having to get a second job) or being comfortable, having more family time and still getting paid for something he enjoys. 

I would agree. He knows fine well he won't play at much higher level and even then, these smaller clubs are throwing money around. 2nd job income, combined with football, is arguably more ambitious. 

Be daft not to take it in this current climate. Security first. 

• Upvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

On 7/17/2020 at 7:04 PM, vikingTON said:

People turn down dung, dead-end jobs in the real jobs market all the time M8, whether they offer more money or not. And nothing could be more dung and dead-end than dropping two tiers to play for the biggest cunt in Scottish football, whose innovative 'sign anyone who once took a pish at Cappielow' transfer strategy saw him relegated and sacked from his previous job within 14 months. So I wouldn't bank on that contract at all.

:thumbup2::thumbup2:

i'm gonna sign for them too then.

*insert signature here*

2 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Andy Murdoch has signed a new two year deal at Ayr.

After releasing him to make room for the number of midfielders coming in two summers ago we've seen McAlister improving over his time at the club, but we got one good season out of Millar before he went off a cliff last season and about one good game out of Telfer, who is now languishing at his level in League One. Over those two seasons we've ended up with Dylan Dykes and Cameron Blues getting games.

Releasing Murdoch was possibly the worst thing Raymond did in his time here.

Agreed. Releasing Murdoch is one of the worst decisions In recent years at cappielow and everyone except from from that fucking snake and the club knew it. 

• Upvote 2

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, Hej said:

Jonatan "JJ" Johansson appointed manager of "FC TPS" in the Finnish top flight.

Shame that. He was one where you really hoped another club at our level would be daft enough to fall for his "5th place finish, comfortably clear of relegation" spiel, give him the job and collapse.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Shame that. He was one where you really hoped another club at our level would be daft enough to fall for his "5th place finish, comfortably clear of relegation" spiel, give him the job and collapse.

Instead he's failed upwards. TPS are a big club by Finnish standards. 

Rajamaki was in charge there from 2010 to 2014.

EOho8Pw.png

4 hours ago, EdinTon said:

Just hope Tumilty signs up and we get a full season of him rather than last season...

He looked like he really knuckled down during and after his loan spell last season. Still not great at tracking back and marking for a full back but he looked in better nick and more motivated. Would be happy with him back like that for next season.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg