Thread About Ex Player - Page 336 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

The article is almost like a burglar’s instruction manual.

• Upvote 1

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

Colin McMenamin is now player/coach at Stenhousemuir.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Cumbernauld United. He was previously at Stenhousemuir.

Ah - misread the tweet!

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Just sign Iredale anyway and play him up front. We've had worse forwards.

Then sign Gunning and play him wherever the fuck he wants.

I know it’s contentious on this forum to suggest full backs could be used as wide mids/wingers, but... Iredale and Strapp as a pairing on the left?

I know it’s contentious on this forum to suggest full backs could be used as wide mids/wingers, but... Iredale and Strapp as a pairing on the left?

Even in a fucking lockdown we're still getting this shite. I give up.

• Upvote 2

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Iredale is a rare case among the many players who've had the 'he's a good attacking full back so put him on the wing!!!' argument made on this forum, in that his good attacking play wasn't based entirely on coming from deep with someone in front of him occupying the full back already, so it's not as obviously daft as the incessant calls for Russell to play on the wing, which saw his form nosedive and never recover as soon as Duffy did it. I wouldn't be surprised if Iredale ended up doing alright if he got stuck there as a last resort at some point in his career, whereas a player like Russell was always going to bomb there.

However, we already have the best winger in the division in Cadden, who has played on the left for most of his time at the club. We also have Nesbitt, McGuffie and Salkeld, as well as Orsi as an option. Assuming all of them are at the club next season, and Muirhead might still be here as well, we shouldn't be signing anyone at all to play on the wing with the number of options we have, never mind signing a defender to try there on a hunch.

Hopkin obviously likes a versatile player and if he wanted to bring Iredale in as someone who's played both centre back and full back then good, but 'maybe he'd be a good winger' shouldn't enter it.

Did people always suggest full backs should be moved up the park or is this Gareth Bale's fault? Were people crying out for Davie Murie to be moved up the park when Kevin Twaddle left?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Go back to playing with your crayons champ.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not a player but I don't see a thread on it.

Former Chairman John Wilson has passed away aged 84.

RIP.

Stevie Aitken gets the East Kilbride job.

Chris Aitken leaves Stranraer to be his assistant.

Frank McKeown takes over the assistant manager's job at Stair Park.

Can't wait to find out what job Stephen Stirling has landed himself in this endless chain reaction for Morton-Stranraer jobbers.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are