Thread About Ex Player - Page 333 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

That photo of him at Hampden  :o

And that's before he got the virus. God knows what state he'll be in now.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Watching a replay of the 1991 Scottish Cup Final between Motherwell and Dundee Utd and there’s four ex-Morton managers involved in the game.

Tommy McLean, JTT, Ally Maxwell ... Willie McLean as the hamsters assistant?

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

Do any old timers remember or know anything about a Jerry Gibson, who apparently played "nearly two seasons with Greenock-Morton in Scotland" before joining Highlands Park in South Africa? He apparently joined the club from Addington (another South African team) in 1961, left either one or two years later. He was at HP in April 1963, so certainly no later than March 1963 he would have been on his way. I can't find any appearance data for him. Maybe he never made a senior appearance for Morton.

I think he was South African by nationality, not sure if he was born in Scotland though.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

Do any old timers remember or know anything about a Jerry Gibson, who apparently played "nearly two seasons with Greenock-Morton in Scotland" before joining Highlands Park in South Africa? He apparently joined the club from Addington (another South African team) in 1961, left either one or two years later. He was at HP in April 1963, so certainly no later than March 1963 he would have been on his way. I can't find any appearance data for him. Maybe he never made a senior appearance for Morton.

I think he was South African by nationality, not sure if he was born in Scotland though.

Assuming he was the only Gibson in the squad at the time - I've got him playing 3 times in March 1962.

10/3/62 - He has an assist in a 6-5 home win over Alloa

17/3/62 - He scored our second in a 3-1 win in a friendly down at Wrexham

24/3/62 - Assist for the winner in a 2-1 win at Forfar.

Tried to link one of the reports from my twitter but it isn't showing.

• Upvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.