Thread About Ex Player - Page 323 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

1) You’ve actually got no idea whether it was a ‘good contract offer’ or not: the mere presence of one on the table was after all Harkins’ primary (and ridiculous) concern

2) A contract that of course worked out so well both for him and the club in question, what with him managing to get emptied for being shite within seven months.

Talk at the time was the he was not so much emptied but engineered his move for a better contract elsewhere, putting further question marks on how 'good' the QOS deal was. Edited by Jamie_M

Talk at the time was the he was not so much emptied but engineered his move for a better contract elsewhere, putting further question marks on how 'good' the QOS deal was.

Good in the sense that he deemed it to be good enough to accept in light of alternative options. Worker in precarious employment prefers firm contract offer to hypothetical/uncertain one is hardly a surprise.

Edited by cmdc

Good in the sense that he deemed it to be good enough to accept in light of alternative options. Worker in precarious employment prefers firm contract offer to hypothetical/uncertain one is hardly a surprise.

You should really listen to the options of two wee guys who presumably don't have a mortgage or family before you post your nonsense.

Cool. You seem worked up about it so I’ll leave you to it.

The only thing I'm 'worked up about' on here - quite proudly - is the gormless nature of Morton fans who are willing to make any and every excuse for badge kissing, mercenary chancers who try to tarnish the club's reputation on their way out the door. It's near the top of the roughly 467 reasons why the current fanbase deserves its crap, perpetually failing football team.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Talk at the time was the he was not so much emptied but engineered his move for a better contract elsewhere, putting further question marks on how 'good' the QOS deal was.

What has also been omitted from the revisionist sob story is that the GMFC was rather wrapped up in the process of selecting a replacement for Jim Duffy in the manager's hotseat at the end of that season: so not binding the hands of Duffy's successor by handing a deal straight away to some over the hill, immobile jobber was a rare instance of the club handling matters in an entirely correct manner. Obviously the club would have been better served at that moment by prioritising Gary's mortgage above everything else, so peddling his sense of injustice to anyone who'd listen was the only natural response.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What has also been omitted from the revisionist sob story is that the GMFC was rather wrapped up in the process of selecting a replacement for Jim Duffy in the manager's hotseat at the end of that season: so not binding the hands of Duffy's successor by handing a deal straight away to some over the hill, immobile jobber was a rare instance of the club handling matters in an entirely correct manner. Obviously the club would have been better served at that moment by prioritising Gary's mortgage above everything else, so peddling his sense of injustice to anyone who'd listen was the only natural response.

No one is saying the club owed him a contract. That’s a nonsense. Of course they didn’t. Hence the uncertainty and why a firm offer - and certainty - might have been tempting.

Edited by cmdc

No one is saying the club owed him a contract. That’s a nonsense. Of course they didn’t. Hence the uncertainty and why a firm offer - and certainty - might have been tempting.

Just accept that you're wrong champ.

The public sob story peddled by team Harkins at the time though was light on being 'tempted' by a firm contract offer elsewhere and heavy on being treated badly by Morton for not having a deal on the table for him at the beginning of May without even a permanent manager in place to sanction it.

I don't have an issue with a player exercising their freedom of contract: just don't try to slur this once-proud football club with self-pitying nonsense on your way out the door.

Edited by vikingTON

In near-ex player news, Kilmarnock are trying to buy Kirk Broadfoot back from St Mirren for some reason.

If he was to go, which is surely unlikely - St Mirren would want a ridiculous fee to strengthen a relegation rival saying nothing of whether Broadfoot would even want to - does that not mean St Mirren might recall Baird?

Ending up with McGinty and McLean as our only centre backs would be a laugh.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

If he was to go, which is surely unlikely - St Mirren would want a ridiculous fee to strengthen a relegation rival saying nothing of whether Broadfoot would even want to - does that not mean St Mirren might recall Baird?

Ending up with McGinty and McLean as our only centre backs would be a laugh.

Finding the story funny, hadn't even thought about the Baird point.

Think they are more likely to only let Broadfoot go (if an offer is made) if they have a replacement lined up, much like they did with McGinn only going to Hibs once they had Lee Hodgson ready to come in to replace him.

Surely they can't recall after agreeing he will stay until the end of the season?

Most season long loans have the option to recall during the Jan window like Welsh but after agreeing to extend, surely that it until the Summer.