Thread About Ex Player - Page 317 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Would definitely have Tidser back. Anyone who watched Jacobs and McAlister doing their synchronised point and shout routine on Saturday and wouldn't want a proper footballer in there is mental.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

A ‘proper footballer’ who can’t he even get a game for a midtable outfit in the seaside leagues and had us playing such spellbinding football under Johansson just last season.

It isn’t a binary choice between Tidser or what we have right now: the manager’s job is to get a player who is better than what we have but is also i) not a mercenary snake ii) not as immobile as all of the above options and unfortunately iii) also within the range of a straitened (though not ridiculous) budget.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Tidser also spent as much time out of form/injured as he did pulling the strings for us. Bringing him into a squad laden with centre-mids as a high earner doesn't make much sense.

We need a competent striker who can stretch the play and bully teams and an actual right back. Hopkin isn't going to give up on hoofball so even a brilliant centre mid could still be bypassed for the bulk of our play.

Tidser also spent as much time out of form/injured as he did pulling the strings for us. Bringing him into a squad laden with centre-mids as a high earner doesn't make much sense.

We need a competent striker who can stretch the play and bully teams and an actual right back. Hopkin isn't going to give up on hoofball so even a brilliant centre mid could still be bypassed for the bulk of our play.

Without wanting this to be a comment on Tidser, I disagree about the centre-mid position. We do have a number of players who can play in the centre of midfield, but how many of those players would you actually have any confidence in? That area of the pitch was a major problem for us on Saturday, and has been all season. We might bypass the midfield in terms of playing through the middle, but we still need some competence from midfielders closing down space, looking to come take the ball for those balls up to the front, following opposition runs into our box, etc. 

I agree about the forward position, but we have Muirhead, McHugh, Sutton, Orsi, and Salkeld already competing for one or two positions. I don't think that situation is really any different from the problem in central midfield. 

We do have a number of issues in the squad, but I don't think we can ignore the problem at centre-mid as a big part of that. 

Snake McKinnon is the new Queens Park head coach

Still able to do the odd shift on the taxis up there then m

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Queens' Park haven't been a football team since about 1900. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are