Thread About Ex Player - Page 311 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Quotes from Peter Cormac Jr. in that article are spot on - professional football bodies need to put some of the billions of pounds aside to support ex-pros.

Very, very sad news. Dementia is the cruelest thing there is.

To be fair, the community trust have done a great job with people with it (from experience of non morton people and non football people).

To be fair, the community trust have done a great job with people with it (from experience of non morton people and non football people).

I was thinking more about the Football League and Premier League, but yes, I'm sure the CT is doing good work.

EOho8Pw.png

Quotes from Peter Cormac Jr. in that article are spot on - professional football bodies need to put some of the billions of pounds aside to support ex-pros.

Very, very sad news. Dementia is the cruelest thing there is.

I think it's a bit short sighted in all honesty to focus just on the pros. I would guess that there would be a significant chunk of people affected that play(ed) amateur.

And I totally agree, dementia/Alzheimer's are fucking cunts the two of them.

MORTON - NEWCASTLE

I think it's a bit short sighted in all honesty to focus just on the pros. I would guess that there would be a significant chunk of people affected that play(ed) amateur.

And I totally agree, dementia/Alzheimer's are fucking cunts the two of them.

At a societal level, yes, it's short-sighted. But if we're looking at who holds the money and who ultimately employed (and profited from, in many cases) the pro footballers, then it's pro football organizations. They can't be held accountable for what happened at leagues they didn't control. Maybe the national governing body/bodies can, I don't know, but the Scottish Amateur FA probably isn't sitting on a huge pile of gold. Hence in this specific case it makes sense to focus on the high-profile, high-stakes organizations.

EOho8Pw.png

David Irons continues a remarkable turnaround at Stenhousemuir by papping 'Irish Premier League' side Waterford out of the cup with a last minute winner. Scott McLaughlin also got on the scoresheet with *sucks air sharply through teeth* an excellent free kick.

Four games unbeaten by reverting to direct, cynical football and shelling the opposition with set pieces. What a manager.

_46572063_davidirons_sns282.jpg

Great result on Saturday

Edited by Daleston

Enjoyed this from a Partick fan on P&B after their latest defeat:

"Tam O’Ware looking more like a Martin Woods-esque imposter with every passing week. Can’t do his own job, and when he’s not giving the ball away or failing to cut out simple crosses, spends his time pointing and shouting at others." 

• Upvote 1

"Tam O’Ware looking more like a Martin Woods-esque imposter with every passing week. Can’t do his own job, and when he’s not giving the ball away or failing to cut out simple crosses, spends his time pointing and shouting at others."

😂

"Tam O’Ware looking more like a Martin Woods-esque imposter with every passing week. Can’t do his own job, and when he’s not giving the ball away or failing to cut out simple crosses, spends his time pointing and shouting at others." 

The following paragraph also mentions “Aimless diagonals to nobody”. A shocking development.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

"Tam O’Ware looking more like a Martin Woods-esque imposter with every passing week. Can’t do his own job, and when he’s not giving the ball away or failing to cut out simple crosses, spends his time pointing and shouting at others."

Hmmm. I’ve seen a video of Martin Woods that suggests he is pretty adept at doing his own job.

Livingston drew 2-2 at Easter Road last night after being 2-0 up. Ricki Lamie and Scott Tiffoney both came on as subs, with Tiffoney doing this at 2-1.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2019_10/Tiffoney.gif.89edeace3c10de636b15286bdf4ecdca.gif

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2019_10/Reverse.gif.12fd44020ea86e38a1a3f4a91e181720.gif

Oh Lord, Brian Wake