Thread About Ex Player - Page 310 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Not at fault for the goal but shot also went through him. I thought he should have saved it.

Had one big save to make and made it. Not much else to do.

I thought the same at the time. Ball was very close to him and expected him to get it. Did well in his one on one, but was lucky near the end when instead of smothering the ball just kicked it straight to opposition on halfway line.

I thought the same at the time. Ball was very close to him and expected him to get it. Did well in his one on one, but was lucky near the end when instead of smothering the ball just kicked it straight to opposition on halfway line.

That last case - he clearly didn't realise he could have picked it up.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

That last case - he clearly didn't realise he could have picked it up.

Dunno why, I was right behind him and it was in no way a back pass and easily in the box.

If that's his excuse, we can add poor concentration to his attributes.

Edited by Madton

He would have probably still palmed it out to be fair.

That goal against Dunfermline was one of the worst pieces of goalkeeping I’ve ever seen in the flesh.

Sorry Deego! 😂

Edited by Tubes
  • Upvote 1

Dunno why, I was right behind him and it was in no way a back pass and easily in the box.

If that's his excuse, we can add poor concentration to his attributes.

Indeed. 

Virtually everyone else in the ground knew he could have picked it up.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Seeing the earlier comments on Quitongo. Could never take to him when he was at Morton, had a bit too much swagger for someone that was such a limited footballer... turned out an even worse character that I thought.

Good to see young Lyons and Strapp breaking through now. Both technically better footballers than Quitongo was, and they seem to have good attitudes.

• Downvote 3

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

He would have probably still palmed it out to be fair.

That goal against Dunfermline was one of the worst pieces of goalkeeping I’ve ever seen in the flesh.

Sorry Deego!

Haha sorry mate, I've had a drink and I think I'm hard.

For those not averse to looking at League 1 stuff, here's a link to Clyde's goal against the snake XI.

https://twitter.com/ClydeFC/status/1188229066194857990?s=20

• Upvote 1

You do think back to the past when mouldies and leather footballs could feel like heading a lump of concrete. You would think there are more ex-footballers especially centre-backs and centre-forwards who are at risk. Interesting response from the Scottish Government to look at banning/ discouraging young kids from this part of the game.

Edited by HamCam

Quotes from Peter Cormac Jr. in that article are spot on - professional football bodies need to put some of the billions of pounds aside to support ex-pros.

Very, very sad news. Dementia is the cruelest thing there is.

EOho8Pw.png