Thread About Ex Player - Page 180 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

I am only repeating what Alan McGraw reported at the time. You can check out the press cuttings if you want to. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

If you want to be proven correct, you provide the press cuttings. I’m not running around doing your work for you.

• Upvote 1

It's remarkable how often the club manages to concoct a hilarious, tear-stained sense of injustice and gets the comfortable majority of the gormless fanbase to lap it up verbatim. 'Dundee FC' levels of scrutiny on display here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's remarkable how often the club manages to concoct a hilarious, tear-stained sense of injustice and gets the comfortable majority of the gormless fanbase to lap it up verbatim. 'Dundee FC' levels of scrutiny on display here.

The way the Wilson handled the McInnes situation and its aftermath (spending the money on Reid rather than a replacement midfielder) were major factors in the fans revolting against him.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

I don't think that there was any sense of injustice at the time. We all knew that Derek was going to leave and the transfer fee was a good one. The issue to which I referred was fundamentally a spat between Alan McGraw and Bill McMurdo (incidentally both Rangers men) over the matter. Jim Traynor, then writing for The Glasgow Herald as I remember it took the side of McMurdo and called McGraw's integrity into question and got a furious reaction, but then as with all such matters it blew over.

A long time ago now and McInnes went on to do well for himself. He was great for us and deserved his success. Good luck to him.

Must reflect the age of people using twitter. Janne is the correct answer. Lindberg and McInnes were a cut above.

Aye, anyone who isn't picking Lindberg in that poll hasn't seen him play. I was only a young child with absolutely no understanding of tactics or anything like that at the time he was with us and even to me it was obvious that he was just far better than the level when we were at.

It's obviously a massive improvement on our complete lack of social media presence of a couple of years ago and it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I'm not too keen on the polls. I really liked the couple of quiz questions they did to win programmes, but the polls always just inevitably result in the most recent player winning because they're the one a swathe of the voters remember, leading to absolutely terrible shouts like Peter Weatherson being better than Kevin Thomas when that's obviously a laughable suggestion for anyone who can remember Thomas.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Why no Weatherson or Hawke in the poll?

I can understand leaving Andy Brownrigg out tbf.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Aye, anyone who isn't picking Lindberg in that poll hasn't seen him play. I was only a young child with absolutely no understanding of tactics or anything like that at the time he was with us and even to me it was obvious that he was just far better than the level when we were at.

It's obviously a massive improvement on our complete lack of social media presence of a couple of years ago and it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I'm not too keen on the polls. I really liked the couple of quiz questions they did to win programmes, but the polls always just inevitably result in the most recent player winning because they're the one a swathe of the voters remember, leading to absolutely terrible shouts like Peter Weatherson being better than Kevin Thomas when that's obviously a laughable suggestion for anyone who can remember Thomas.

It's not like the polls decide anything, it's just a bit of fun. Now, that said, I would like the NSA to track down anyone who did vote for Weatherson so they can be extraordinarily rendered to a black site near Cairo, but the poll's just something to keep the fan engaged.

EOho8Pw.png

The poll says non-UK/ROI

Fair enough.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.