Thread About Ex Player - Page 135 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

You have to feel bad for the guy in a way, just totally ill-equipped for the life he had. He was probably wearing some of the stolen gear when the police showed up.

What a fall from grace his life his been.

Hard to feel sorry for him though as he brought a lot of it on himself.

Really..............Who cares

I care, it's a pretty interesting story, a sad one too - a guy with the world at his feet, 16 caps for his country, played in the top flight in England and Russia, now living in a council house and lifting jackets. The fact that he spent a few disastrous months at Cappielow just adds to it.

EOho8Pw.png

I care, it's a pretty interesting story, a sad one too - a guy with the world at his feet, 16 caps for his country, played in the top flight in England and Russia, now living in a council house and lifting jackets. The fact that he spent a few disastrous months at Cappielow just adds to it.

Even during his disastrous spell with us you saw wee flashes of genuine class here and there. I remember in one game, can't remember who against, he made a 30 yard defence splitting pass that IIRC led to a goal that few if any at that level could have emulated. Makes it all the sadder the way things turned out for him but he made his own life choices and many people in his situation haven't had a tiny fraction of the opportunities he had, so it's difficult to have much sympathy for him.

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant

Even during his disastrous spell with us you saw wee flashes of genuine class here and there. I remember in one game, can't remember who against, he made a 30 yard defence splitting pass that IIRC led to a goal that few if any at that level could have emulated. Makes it all the sadder the way things turned out for him but he made his own life choices and many people in his situation haven't had a tiny fraction of the opportunities he had, so it's difficult to have much sympathy for him.

Livingston away?

Livingston away?

Aye, that's the obvious one that comes to mind. Picked the ball up on the left wing, skinned the full back by turning back inside then crossed it to the back post where Barrie McKay took it down and knocked it in.

O'Connor and McKay both doing something good in the same move. Mental.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Also remember him in a game against Queen of the South. Must've been about 25 yards out, turned the defender and curled it on his weak foot off the post. Underlying talent was there to see in flashes, just absolutely finished as a footballer.

Also remember him in a game against Queen of the South. Must've been about 25 yards out, turned the defender and curled it on his weak foot off the post. Underlying talent was there to see in flashes, just absolutely finished as a footballer.

Remember that one, looked a goal all the way.

What a fall from grace his life his been.

Hard to feel sorry for him though as he brought a lot of it on himself.

Was thinking the same myself. Changed days for a guy who must have been making very good money in England and Russia. I wonder if he is able to pinpoint exactly where it began to go wrong.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Seems he's left Selkirk too. Not sure what happened there.

He signed a three year deal with Selkirk and to celebrate the next day he visited Harvey Nics :1eye: . Selkirk binned him when his kleptomania hit the news but it was agreed to make no comment at the time. He may be struggling up top but if you ever meet him it is hard not to like the daftie - you still see him on the astro in NB kicking a football about with his son.

Allan Jenkins scored the opening goal for Ballymena and won the man of the match award against Carrick Rangers in the Northern Irish League Cup Final. Just stumbled across the last couple of minutes of it on Sky Sports 2, there.

That gormless loser 'Gary' will be absolutely seething about that. What a terrible shame.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Andy McLaren appointed Mental Health Football Ambassador in Scotland.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.