Thread About Ex Player - Page 112 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

• 5 weeks later...

Reece Hands now plays for a team called Gainsborough Trinity in the national North League. Thought he'd be a great player for us until Moore decided that since he could score a goal to play him behind the striker.

What on earth is the National North League.

Reece Hands now plays for a team called Gainsborough Trinity in the national North League. Thought he'd be a great player for us until Moore decided that since he could score a goal to play him behind the striker.

In fairness to Moore, Hands always looked a good player under him. He then got injured. Duffy and Shiels messed about with his position but I don't think he ever really regained his fitness in the rest of his time with us.

I thought Martin Foster was reasonably decent tbh.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

In fairness to Moore, Hands always looked a good player under him. He then got injured. Duffy and Shiels messed about with his position but I don't think he ever really regained his fitness in the rest of his time with us.

He looked a good holding midfielder for his first couple of games, then Moore decided to play him in attacking midfield because he could shoot. He never played well again.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

He looked a good holding midfielder for his first couple of games, then Moore decided to play him in attacking midfield because he could shoot. He never played well again.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that at all. He had a fine game against Livingston, for example, playing central midfield - and that one was his third last match before getting injured. Moore adjusted his role in midfield slightly, in large part, because McKee got injured, but I don't think it had a massive impact on his performances. He looked like an inconsistent 19 year old with a cracking shot and a good deal of potential. But let's be clear, one of his best games for us was one of his final games he played under Moore. And after that point he picked up the injury which essentially took away three years of his career. It was clear that he was never fit again for us after his injury. While I was never a big fan of Moore, I don't think we can credit him with what happened to Hands.