Thread About Ex Player - Page 103 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Stefan McCluskey is on trial at BARROW :lol:

Don't have a clue what the details were surrounding his decision to leave but it would appear that he's made a rip roaring cunt of it.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

National League/Conference. I'm surprised they're that high.

I think teams in that league will pay decent wages. I mind watching that Salford City programme and they said some of the part time teams in their league pay £400 a week in wages.

Would not be suprised if Duffy took him back if the manager does not find any better.

Thinking that myself as time goes on and he doesn't find a club. I'd be happy for him to come back.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Thinking that myself as time goes on and he doesn't find a club. I'd be happy for him to come back.

I wouldn't. As much as I liked him during his time here i wouldn't be pleased to see us take back a player who turned us down and thought he could do better.

I wouldn't be too precious about McCluskey. He rejected a deal hoping to find a better one or he foresaw being replaced at Morton and not getting as much game time. He has his career to think about so I don't grudge him going for what he thinks is best. 

If he doesn't find a deal and Duffy wants him back then I wouldn't be opposed. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I wouldn't be too precious about McCluskey. He rejected a deal hoping to find a better one or he foresaw being replaced at Morton and not getting as much game time. He has his career to think about so I don't grudge him going for what he thinks is best.

If he doesn't find a deal and Duffy wants him back then I wouldn't be opposed.

Agree with this. I saw someone raise Carlo Monti as an example but Monti's agent was being a baws-oot dick about his renewal, which doesn't seem to have happened here. There was one semi-snide Tweet but that may not have been related.

At far higher levels of football than this there are unexpected renewals and volte-faces. Dani Alves at Sevilla several years ago, and then the last couple of years at Barcelona, is a good example. Ultimately football is full of people whom, like in every other walk of life, need to look out for themselves.

EOho8Pw.png

Nah, as much as stefan was a hard workereset and slayed the ****, he was a bit of a bellend. His brother similar; the two of them thought they were the tits. Barrow for Stefan and hee haw for Jamie about sums the situation up tbh

That's probably fair enough but that hardly makes them unique in football tbh

EOho8Pw.png

Would not be suprised if Duffy took him back if the manager does not find any better.

Hopefully. McCluskey's contribution to this club will only be appreciated when he's gone. You don't realise what you've got until it's gone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hopefully. McCluskey's contribution to this club will only be appreciated when he's gone. You don't realise what you've got until it's gone.

Hope the hangover isn't too bad today, must have been a heavy night.

A decent, hardworking pro he is. Messi he is not. Should be easy enough to find another journeyman of similar ability as replacement.

TRUST THE DUFF

Hope the hangover isn't too bad today, must have been a heavy night.

A decent, hardworking pro he is. Messi he is not. Should be easy enough to find another journeyman of similar ability as replacement.

In fairness to Toby, he has consistently sung the praises of Stefan.

TIME FOR CHANGE!