Thread About Ex Player - Page 85 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

I agree he deserves his place but it doesn't necessarily need to be up front. He's been pretty good out wide this season too, he's certainly not a striker or even a number 10 type player but Duffy has sparingly used him well up top for the reasons you've mentioned in certain games. 

If we got Dece again I'd definitely have him straight in the team if fit and have Stef on one of the wings. 

Fair play, would go for that. Stef broke down the right for our equalizer on Saturday, put him there and tell all the left-backs in the division their tea's oot.

EOho8Pw.png

I agree he deserves his place but it doesn't necessarily need to be up front. He's been pretty good out wide this season too, he's certainly not a striker or even a number 10 type player but Duffy has sparingly used him well up top for the reasons you've mentioned in certain games. 

If we got Dece again I'd definitely have him straight in the team if fit and have Stef on one of the wings. 

For a player who is "not a striker" he certainly took his goal well on Saturday.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

For a player who is "not a striker" he certainly took his goal well on Saturday.

I'm a fan of Stef, great work rate and attitude, but by no means is he a striker, look at the amount of times he's been in a similar position to Saturday and failed to score.
  • Upvote 1

If McManus came back on loan surely that would mean Scullion would not get a contract extension and/or Samuel would head back down south. Personally I hope Samuel gets more game time as I still believe there is a lot more to come from him as a player.

From reading Denny's comments in the papers it seems highly unlikely he wants to be around next season.

If McManus came back on loan surely that would mean Scullion would not get a contract extension and/or Samuel would head back down south. Personally I hope Samuel gets more game time as I still believe there is a lot more to come from him as a player.

From reading Denny's comments in the papers it seems highly unlikely he wants to be around next season.

What has he said?

He is in the Daily Record (apologies but I cannot cut and paste the link) talking about the game and how he is "readying himself for a return to St Andrews" and the other interesting comment "I deserve to be playing at a higher level". He is also quoted in another article I now cannot find on my phone!

Fair play to the lad as he believes in himself. For now though I think he is a long way from the finished article. Not only does he have to improve on his physicality (his words) but his finishing is distinctly average. I have not seen enough to be convinced he will make it at Birmingham but would not be surprised if he gets an opportunity in the lower leagues in England an/or the Premiership.

He is in the Daily Record (apologies but I cannot cut and paste the link) talking about the game and how he is "readying himself for a return to St Andrews" and the other interesting comment "I deserve to be playing at a higher level". He is also quoted in another article I now cannot find on my phone!

Fair play to the lad as he believes in himself. For now though I think he is a long way from the finished article. Not only does he have to improve on his physicality (his words) but his finishing is distinctly average. I have not seen enough to be convinced he will make it at Birmingham but would not be surprised if he gets an opportunity in the lower leagues in England an/or the Premiership.

To be honest I would rather every player in the squad had the attitude that they wanted to play at a higher level and pushed themselves to do that.

He is a Birmingham player and he should be focused on impressing then enough to be kept around. They are a much, much bigger club than Morton so I'm not sure why he'd want to stay here at all.

As for Scullion unfortunately I don't see a place for him if we sign another striker as I suspect we will. He looks handy but he just doesn't fit our style of play and I can't ever see him holding a place down. Might be for the best if he moves on.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Yeah, fair play to Johnstone for showing ambition and belief, both very positive qualities, but he's not really shown (yet) that he's deserving of higher-level football. I think he'd be eaten alive in the Birmingham first team. Still, time is on his side.

EOho8Pw.png

Happened to be looking at the Largs Thistle squad for this season. Several ex-Morton there:

Alan Gilbride

Creag Little

Alan Frizzell

Kevin Struthers

Bryan Slavin (player-manager, apparently)

Nicky Jamieson (although I don't think he ever appeared for us)

EOho8Pw.png

Happened to be looking at the Largs Thistle squad for this season. Several ex-Morton there:

http://www.largsthistle.org.uk/content.php?pg=appearances&pd=1010

Alan Gilbride

Creag Little

Alan Frizzell

Kevin Struthers

Bryan Slavin (player-manager, apparently)

Nicky Jamieson (although I don't think he ever appeared for us)

Think Gary Philips was with us as well.

I see Kevin Kelbie scored for Linlithgow last night.  I had totally forgotten he existed.  

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."