Thread About Ex Player - Page 78 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Actually - if you can still read posts through your stream of tears - I did no such thing. Timestamp 1105 for my comment on the hilarious facts; timestamp 1116 for your blubbering, fantasy island scenario for the player in question. Swing and a miss then.

So, given that the 'logic' in your claims have been effortlessly dismantled since then, the onus is firmly on yourself to support it with convincing evidence.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It would genuinely not surprise me if the happy clappers were frenziedly stitching together a Brechin-Morton half scarf right now.

Willie Dyer is a decent, journeyman left-back. A 2 star player, in Football Manager terms. He'll come in and do a decent job, then he'll be on his way. That's why he's ended up at a journeyman club. He's not working for Goldman Sachs during the day.

EOho8Pw.png

Actually - if you can still read posts through your stream of tears - I did no such thing. Timestamp 1105 for my comment on the hilarious facts; timestamp 1116 for your blubbering, fantasy island scenario for the player in question. Swing and a miss then.

So, given that the 'logic' in your claims have been effortlessly dismantled since then, the onus is firmly on yourself to support it with convincing evidence.

I'm reading posts through tears of laughter at your nonsensical ramblings

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Yeah, white knighting for a washed-up journeyman is definitely working out well for you.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yeah, white knighting for a washed-up journeyman is definitely working out well for you.

I remember your identical ramblings about Kevin Cuthbert being washed up when he went to Ayr. Only for him to later join Hamilton and win the league

I remember your identical ramblings about Kevin Cuthbert being washed up when he went to Ayr. Only for him to later join Hamilton and win the league

Kevin Cuthbert didn't win the league with Hamilton; they won promotion through the playoffs and he left to join Raith that summer.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Please stop using the word "yourself" incorrectly in nearly every post.  It is not interchangeable with "you".

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I remember your identical ramblings about Kevin Cuthbert being washed up when he went to Ayr. Only for him to later join Hamilton and win the league

Other than the lack of evidence and basic factual errors: your story definitely seems legit.

Your bizarre idol, however, failed so spectacularly over his wageless summer that not even permadiddies Ayr United took him on. Just let that sink in.

Other than the lack of evidence and basic factual errors: your story definitely seems legit.

Your bizarre idol, however, failed so spectacularly over his wageless summer that not even permadiddies Ayr United took him on. Just let that sink in.

Do you not remember your rantings about Cuthbert dropping to part-time outfit Ayr and that his career was washed up?

Dyer has played most of his career in the east coast (Raith Rovers, Dundee and yes, Brechin!) so I take it he stays there. Brechin could be the ideal move for him.

Do you not remember your rantings about Cuthbert dropping to part-time outfit Ayr and that his career was washed up?

Is this yet another claim you're going to make without evidence? Given your stunning 0/1,000 hit rate in recent months, I'm going to call the above as nonsense; at the very least, a shrill and inaccurate hash of what was actually said at the time.

Dyer has played most of his career in the east coast (Raith Rovers, Dundee and yes, Brechin!) so I take it he stays there. Brechin could be the ideal move for him.

1) Yet another assumption without evidence - for someone who had a tantrum about this issue just ten posts ago, you're not doing yourself any favours.

2) Dyer clearly couldn't find a larger and equally suitable club with more financial resources like, say, Raith Rovers again, or Alloa, perched right in the central, commuting belt of the country. Nor Dunfermline. So even if we were to take your assumption that geography played a role in his choice of clubs, it still doesn't represent an 'ideal' move for him - unless, I dunno, he has been compelled to work in whatever counts as employment in a hovel like Brechin. The player has been a free agent all summer and has been passed over by every credible club in the country. And probably Ayr United as well. It also doesn't explain why the 'ideal' move for a professional footballer would come only after going three months without a wage, and then washing up at a two-bob outfit absolutely desperate to make panic signings in the closing days of August.

What makes all of this hilarious, of course, is your desperation to write fantasy fiction in order to resuscitate the career of an utterly mediocre seaside league left-back.

Is this yet another claim you're going to make without evidence? Given your stunning 0/1,000 hit rate in recent months, I'm going to call the above as nonsense; at the very least, a shrill and inaccurate hash of what was actually said at the time.

1) Yet another assumption without evidence - for someone who had a tantrum about this issue just ten posts ago, you're not doing yourself any favours.

2) Dyer clearly couldn't find a larger and equally suitable club with more financial resources like, say, Raith Rovers again, or Alloa, perched right in the central, commuting belt of the country. Nor Dunfermline. So even if we were to take your assumption that geography played a role in his choice of clubs, it still doesn't represent an 'ideal' move for him - unless, I dunno, he has been compelled to work in whatever counts as employment in a hovel like Brechin. The player has been a free agent all summer and has been passed over by every credible club in the country. And probably Ayr United as well. It also doesn't explain why the 'ideal' move for a professional footballer would come only after going three months without a wage, and then washing up at a two-bob outfit absolutely desperate to make panic signings in the closing days of August.

What makes all of this hilarious, of course, is your desperation to write fantasy fiction in order to resuscitate the career of an utterly mediocre seaside league left-back.

Why all the vituperation and vitriol. He did a decentish job for us and was not disgraced at a higher level. Good luck to the guy in whatever he choses to do with the rest of his life.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

:lol:

You're the one who should be providing evidence as you made the original post stating Dyer was "rejected and washed up"

I still don't know who rejected him in the Summer and pointed out that just because you go part-time with a club doesn't make you an inferior player ability wise.

I gave the example of Cuthbert who you said was shite because he went to Ayr. I then again pointed out he ended up getting promoted with Hamilton subsequently turning down the opportunity to play in the SPL to go to Raith Rovers.

Not an ex-player but more on track than recent posts I see Kenny Shiels has been rested or sacked from his latest gig in Thailand at BEC Tero Sasana. An inability to win games was the problem - 10 games no wins! Despite his gibberish in interviews I always thought he would turn Morton around until Hamilton. Maybe he is after all just someone who talks the talk but has a problem with walking.

Not an ex-player but more on track than recent posts I see Kenny Shiels has been rested or sacked from his latest gig in Thailand at BEC Tero Sasana. An inability to win games was the problem - 10 games no wins! Despite his gibberish in interviews I always thought he would turn Morton around until Hamilton. Maybe he is after all just someone who talks the talk but has a problem with walking.

He's a manager who tends to get off to a disastrous start, partly because he wants to change everything about the team. That's what made him such a terrible appointment as manager. Whether he'd get it right over the long term is another debate, but he was never going to be a succes in the short term. You've got to make the best of what you've got - the passing from back style in the middle of a relegation battle was always going to be a mistake, but I don't think shiels has any other way.