Alistair Donald - Page 39 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Alistair Donald

I must admit, I do love the idea that you either fully support Mortonjag or you're a club insider :lol:

Your mind really does work in a special way.

I have a very special mind! :lol:

C'mon Stevie boy-yesterday you were praising me for my post on Dougie Rae's tenure. Give me credit for some intelligence. I can spot a 'phoney' a mile off!

Our friend Ron Number appeared a couple of weeks back with the sole purpose of discrediting Mortonjag. He's already been banned by Bryan for abusive posting, and Edinton has confirmed that 'he's on a shoogly peg' and that he agrees that Ronnie boy's raison d'etre is to attack ONE poster.

Forget personalities for a minute. Given that you-with many others-feel that the Rae regime has taken us as far as possible, and given that Mr Donald has finally been confirmed as a director, don't you think that the fans have a right to some kind of guidance as to the Club's/AD's plans, or do you agree with the poster in question that Rae is entitled to blunder on regardless?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a very special mind! :lol:

C'mon Stevie boy-yesterday you were praising me for my post on Dougie Rae's tenure. Give me credit for some intelligence. I can spot a 'phoney' a mile off!

Our friend Ron Number appeared a couple of weeks back with the sole purpose of discrediting Mortonjag. He's already been banned by Bryan for abusive posting, and Edinton has confirmed that 'he's on a shoogly peg' and that he agrees that Ronnie boy's raison d'etre is to attack ONE poster.

Forget personalities for a minute. Given that you-with many others-feel that the Rae regime has taken us as far as possible, and given that Mr Donald has finally been confirmed as a director, don't you think that the fans have a right to some kind of guidance as to the Club's/AD's plans, or do you agree with the poster in question that Rae is entitled to blunder on regardless?

It's a toughie this. Officially, they don't need to say anything, as many people have already stated and I'm sure that you're aware, and I kinda agree with that thinking. If the club, or Dougles Rae, or Alistair Donald, or anyone else for that matter, comes out and states that they may have intentions towards the club changing hands and then it fails to materialise, it would leave many supporters disappointed, and some would even slate the club for going public on such matters before they were concluded. The Chairman does have previous in this field, if you rembember the shenanigans surrounding the signings of David Hagan and Martin Hardie .

If discussions do happen to be taking place in relation to Mr Donald taking a more 'active role' in the club, shall we say, then I for one would be glad that these talks would be done in private. If any such move was completed, or close to completion, then and only then would it be sensible to make any plans for the future public IMHO.

Hey Bryan-while I'm on, do YOU think the fans have a right to expect some sort of statement of intent at this stage. I'm thinking in particular of the fact that-unless I'm mistaken- the Trust didn't get a reply from the letter it says it sent to Mr Donald. That, after all was to a (now) director, from the largest minority shareholder. I can't believe Mr Donald would treat the Trust with such apparent scant regard.

Funnily enough, I was thinking that Mortonjag may be extremely unpopular with the Trust committee at the moment-for asking pertinent questions.

im sure if Mr Donald invests he will release a statement.

Trust committee will meet you and a friend anytime we have no grudge :) and none are ron ;)

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

It's a toughie this. Officially, they don't need to say anything, as many people have already stated and I'm sure that you're aware, and I kinda agree with that thinking. If the club, or Dougles Rae, or Alistair Donald, or anyone else for that matter, comes out and states that they may have intentions towards the club changing hands and then it fails to materialise, it would leave many supporters disappointed, and some would even slate the club for going public on such matters before they were concluded. The Chairman does have previous in this field, if you rembember the shenanigans surrounding the signings of David Hagan and Martin Hardie .

If discussions do happen to be taking place in relation to Mr Donald taking a more 'active role' in the club, shall we say, then I for one would be glad that these talks would be done in private. If any such move was completed, or close to completion, then and only then would it be sensible to make any plans for the future public IMHO.

I respect what you say, and in very general terms agree. I don't expect either AD or Mr Rae to publicise details of private arrangements or agreements between them either. What concerns me-and it's quite simple-is that the Club appears to be stagnating-perhaps even going backwards while having on the Board of Directors a mega wealthy man. So long as the fans are treated as 'chattels' (and I believe that's not unfair to suggest), by the present regime, and so long as our poor performances continue, more and more will drift away, confidence in the status quo will be further eroded, and we will just go from bad to worse. It's against that backdrop that I believe it would be in the interest of ALL if some kind of statement of intent could be forthcoming.

Indeed we have no right as fans to demand anything, and in return, Mr Rae has no right to expect us to keep paying through his turnstyles, let alone 'bring a friend' with us.

I have previously suggested that the fans deserve some guidance regarding the Club's vision of the way forward. In return for openness and a fostering of togetherness, the Club could reasonably expect a reversal of the currently alarming loss of loyalty.

im sure if Mr Donald invests he will release a statement.

Trust committee will meet you and a friend anytime we have no grudge :) and none are ron ;)

I'm reassured to hear that. I was not thinking of Ron as a potential Trust Committee member.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

oh dear God, he's raising this nonsense from the grave again, I'd hoped it had been put out of its misery weeks ago....... (the THREAD, that is, not Moronjag, unfortunately!)

Let's get this straight.

1. We have no divine right to know anything about the internal running of GMFC. We may WANT to know (or, at least, SOME of us might), but we have no entitlement to that information - unless we are shareholders, and even then minority shareholders are not automatically privy to every piece of information about a company).

2. MJ must look at this forum and feel quietly proud. "Mmmm, almost 750 posts and over 33,000 "hits"......." ....... but if you scan the posts and those who post you'll see that there are just a small number of regular (sometimes VERY regular) posters, maybe 40 or so altogether. And as many are railing AGAINST his s***-stirring as are FOR it. This thread is the equivalent of a boozy pub conversation amongst supporters after a match, or on the coach going home from an away game, and is of about as much relevance or importance.

3. After all of the posts mentioned above, all that's been uncovered (shock, horror) is a minor error in terms of paperwork. Remarks about mountains and molehills come to mind........ <_ anything else is off-topic and almost without exception more s>

For heaven's sake, guys, don't rise to the old curmudgeon's bait. If this thread doesn't attract comment from anyone other than its originator it will quickly die a death - not nearly quickly enough, granted, but let's put it out of its - and our - misery NOW.

Let it go, Moronjag, and move along, there's a good coffin-dodger, there's nothing more to see here.......

Gidday Ron Number,

May I ask why you find it difficult/impossible to reply to mortonjag without continual and continuous pesonal abuse please ?

come on newton, make yer mind up :)

and thank goodness that mortonjag eschews personal abuse

Don't be facile Alistair. If anybody deserves personal abuse from Mortonjag, it's your good self for your incessantly pointless digs and jibes, a very few of which have made Mortonjag smile.

Alistair-I'd never personally abuse you-well maybe if you were bending over naked before my throbbing organ-but really you're quite a gentle soul-and I like you.

Uninvited personal abuse from anonymous nobodies with hidden agendas is quite different as you very well understand.

Don't forget your pill tonight-the orange one with the little black stripe! :)

YER BARD

Don't be facile Alistair. If anybody deserves personal abuse from Mortonjag, it's your good self for your incessantly pointless digs and jibes, a very few of which have made Mortonjag smile.

Alistair-I'd never personally abuse you-well maybe if you were bending over naked before my throbbing organ-but really you're quite a gentle soul-and I like you.

Uninvited personal abuse from anonymous nobodies with hidden agendas is quite different as you very well understand.

Don't forget your pill tonight-the orange one with the little black stripe! :)

thanks for thinking of me, although i thought you 'played' guitar :P

Like reaming my wee tight bum twice nightly with his Holy Willie! :lol:

and don't you forget yours :D

(btw, i thought was a special forum for all this puerile tosh :unsure:)

thanks for thinking of me, although i thought you 'played' guitar :P

and don't you forget yours :D

(btw, i thought was a special forum for all this puerile tosh :unsure:)

Nope Alistair-you're in the right place!

YER BARD

come on newton, make yer mind up :)

and thank goodness that mortonjag eschews personal abuse

Gidday TrumpingTon,

No need to make up my mind, mate.

I see the personal abuse as BOTH continual and continuous.

Don't you ?

:blink:

Gidday Ron Number,

May I ask why you find it difficult/impossible to reply to mortonjag without continual and continuous pesonal abuse please ?

Let's get this straight - I have not replied to him with "continuous personal abuse". However, it should be noted that a) continuous abuse is what he showers upon ANYONE who disagrees with him on here, and B) a few posts above he called me a liar with absolutely no justification.

If he wants respect, he should give it - and earn it. Just like anyone else.

End of.

"If you can't say nuthin' nice, don't say nuthin' at all......." - Thumper

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoken like a true club insider. You shouldn't let yourself get so upset, and you shouldn't answer in Big Doc style either. The less you say, the less you blow your cover. That's a tip from Fing, BTW!

YOU don't think the paying customer has any right to question the service provider. The fans are already voting with their feet. That's their/our prerogative. It's also ALL they're/we're entitled to do. Cappielow is an uneasy place those days. Rae has run his course. We're perilously propping up the league. Without inward investment we may well be f*cked, but YOU think the Rae regime is still above scrutiny! :wub: Wouldn't it be wonderful if all masters could enjoy your level of loyalty. You're like an obedient sheepdog!

So here's the next question, for arrogant, high and mighty, and dismissive little Ronnie, defender of the humble and meek in spirit, and bitter opponent of perceived arrogance and haughtiness. :lol: now THAT'S what I'd call abusive!

You claim not to be a liar. GOOD! I remain to be convinced!errr, am I supposed to care here? I don't!!

Please confirm that you are in no way connected with Greenock Morton, except as a bona fide fan. I'm happy to confirm that. Now, what's your point, caller?

"If you can't say nuthin' nice, don't say nuthin' at all......." - Thumper

I've no personal grievance against you, Moronjag. I just think you're an auld fud, and like most auld fuds you're a sourpuss(y) and prone to malevolent and festering discharges on an all-too-regular basis. And those discharges do no good to anyone.

BUT - you still appear to persist in the delusion that you are the admired standardbearer of a large band of Morton fans who will storm the ramparts of Cappielow's main stand and overthrow the perceived misanthropes who, you say, are dragging the club down through ineptitude.

You're not. You're an old fud who agitates a small audience on a low-circulation noticeboard. The world will keep on turning, at Cappielow and elsewhere, without any regard to your bluster. Big fish (in terms of volume), small pool.

I've likened you elsewhere to Captain Mainwaring from "Dad's Army". I was wrong, the above post proves you're closer to Private Fraser - all together now, "Aye, We're Doomed....... We're DOOMED.......!!!"

He's a Doctor you know!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's a Doctor you know!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is correct Tony-not somebody who re-assured everybody about Alistair Donald being a director etc., AS AN EX CIVIL SERVANT. :thumbup2: :thumbup2:

Let's face it that was a pretty certain clue you'd be wrong or lying-AS YOU WERE! :thumbdown:

What is it with you and doctors-are you just an example of the all too common, little nobody, 'full fish supper on the shoulder' creep, or did some Quack treat your scrotal pruritus with nitric acid? :unsure:

YER BARD

Ye - well, "Physician, Heal Thyself" - there must be SOMETHING he can do to cut down on the amount of bile he produces....... :lol:

That was almost witty Ronnie boy-did you get that from somebody intelligent?

YER BARD

Archived