Alistair Donald - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Alistair Donald

Ubiquitous Chap-Club director posted 'absent' at the recent EGM-says little-supposed to be on Board in ADVISORY capacity :) -quoted as 'I won't be investing at this stage'-worth mega bucks-well known ****-

What's the score folks?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

give it a rest mj.

i'm onboard with 'some' of your points about dougie, but give alistair donald and the trust guys some peace

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

give it a rest mj.

i'm onboard with 'some' of your points about dougie, but give alistair donald and the trust guys some peace

:unsure:

It is intended to be a SERIOUS question about an issue which I believe should interest all true fans.

Anyway-you should know better than to ask me to 'give it a rest'.

There again-maybe you did! :)

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

give it a rest mj.

i think its a fair enough question mr blue and one that hasnt really been addressed at any point since mr donald joined the board of directors. Or if it has ill happilly be corrected on that! Its not getting at the guy, its merely asking what is the intention of our new board member and what is he going to bring to morton that we dont have already. It would be nice to hear a little dialogue and not just see board room shuffles or moves without giving the supporters an indication of intentions.

I have been curious since A. Donald joined our board of directors to what the motive behind it is... and i dont mean anything sinister, is it an a cash injection? is he bringing skills to the company that we need? in what way is it going to benefit morton? Good ole arthur m has left his seat in the board room and we have a mystery (well the reasoning and motives behind a donalds introduction to board room are mystery) man who has just joined the board. Would be nice of him to come out and say "hello!" and introduce himself or what he can bring.. dont you think?

is it a potential buy out?

cash injection?

skills brought to the club?

my own hunch is that it must be something to do with finances, or a buy out? We all know that ddf rae is not going to keep churning his own cash in forever, do you think rae is looking to get some cash back?

Questions that i feel we have every right to look at.

The way it was spun originally was it was a talent injection more than an investment one. As to whether or not that's the case, I have no idea.

was there any mention of what talent it was that he was looking to provide?

If it is talent as you say was spun originally, then surely the time to bring in talent (whatever department that would be) would be now, after taking the tale end of last season to evaluate the club. tho ddf rae is not really known for his open armed policy to assist with the running of his club. id gladly be proven wrong with that last sentance.

give it a rest mj.

What is wrong with the question?

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

i know a family member of his , and originally he was been brought in for his experience and knowledge to try and basically make us more profitable and provide a stable buisiness model to take us forward ( something i do think we lack sometimes) but as it turns out, he may be joining the board in a more active role and also investing money ( what amounts i have no idea and didnt want to ask)...

i'm not saying he's a morton man in anyway , but he does carry a pretty impressive portfolio ..( and a few bob ha ha ha ha )

i do think we have maybe come as far as we can with the current board and it might be time to start a push forward and catch the likes of Hamilton , Falkirk, kilmarnock and the likes ... who to be honest were no better then us not that long ago...we just seem to have been left behind in recent years and maybe now is the time to inject some new ideas and some fresh faces....

i'm not saying the currenmt board need to step down or anything , but maybe a few sidesteps and a reshuffle will be good for us !!!!!!

Nice idea in theory to rid the club of some of its complacency, but is a family friend really best-placed to do so? Meh, we'll see.

You don't get to be as successful, or as rich, as Alistair Donald is without being an astute and hard-nosed businessman. Family friend or not, I'd expect he'll give DDFR his honest opinions and suggestions. That's not necessarily to say that action will be taken on the basis of his input, but that's a different question.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

Tele Interview

“My agreeing to join the board is a combination of the Raes being involved, my passion for the club and my family association with it.

“I’ll provide an overview, as the chairman rightly says. I’ll question things, think outside the box, play devil’s advocate if you like.

that statement would rule any major buy out if its true, as he is wanting the raes involved.

then it would be interesting to know what his input has been upto now, what advice he has given the club in what areas and have any of his suggestions been acted upon?

theres been lots of discussion about the commercial department and the potential for improvement in there, the youth structure and PR of the club. to improve the business of the club the commercial department would be one of the first to look at as would the clubs general image/branding. If A Donald is advising, we then should expect to see changes and improvements over the coming season... surely.

if he has been involved in making the club more profitable, and brining in new ideas, then I ask.. where is the evidence of these... the club is still run like a cub scout bring and buy sale, there has been no "new ideas" or "thinking outside the box" as far as I can see.. quite the opposite in fact, we are continuing to see commercial suicide as far as marketing morton football club as a brand (even though it is a small one)... if you want commercial success you MUST put your customer first (the fans) otherwise everything else wont click into place.. regardless of sponsorship / tv / league monies etc.

There are some questions that are too important, some truths too powerful, some messages too liberating, that they can never be heard for fear they might actually provide you with the freedom you desire and that 'they' then lose the dependence you have on them and for which they are rewarded. They lose the hold they have over you which keeps you spellbound and feeds their ego, their hunger for power and their raison d'etre.

- Think for Yourself, Ask Your own questions, Do Your own research! ...... Set Yourselves Free!

:unsure:

It is intended to be a SERIOUS question about an issue which I believe should interest all true fans.

Then why the '****' remark ?

What is wrong with the question?

It's the usual so boring Mj having a go. We all know that when given the opportunity he didn't say a thing.

The question maybe valid but who on this board can give the answer?

Ask the powers that be and get off your trip Mj.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” Groucho Marx

if he has been involved in making the club more profitable, and brining in new ideas, then I ask.. where is the evidence of these... the club is still run like a cub scout bring and buy sale, there has been no "new ideas" or "thinking outside the box" as far as I can see.. quite the opposite in fact, we are continuing to see commercial suicide as far as marketing morton football club as a brand (even though it is a small one)... if you want commercial success you MUST put your customer first (the fans) otherwise everything else wont click into place.. regardless of sponsorship / tv / league monies etc.

In a broader and forward thinking sense, the new share issue can surely be seen as a step forward.

In every other sense I agree with what you say-the Club is an utter shambles of amateurism.

Here's a very simple example-it costs £2.50 for a match day programme, and income from advertising is linked to sales figures-sell more programmes and you can charge more money to wealthier advertisers-that's how it works-quite simple. £2.50's a sort of make or break figure for the average fan-if he's looking forward to reading the programme he'll shell out-otherwise it buys another pint after the match.

So what's the biggest by far article every week-a two page splurge of 'Chairman's Notes' which invariably includes criticism of our players, sometimes of our fans, and which is written in embarrassingly stilted English. O.K. it's Dougie Rae's Club-he's entitled to have his say, but surely this is just one example of how bad the Chairman's business sense is-certainly when it comes to running a football club. Apart from that it's a lucky bag of good and downright crass. Arthur Montford's excellent articles certainly give a lot of credibility to the rag.

Project that scenario to what should be the real money spinner in the advertising stakes-sponsorship-and IMHO you see one of the biggest jokes in Scottish football.

If Alistair Donald had had anything to do with it I believe we'd already have a new sponsor.

I can't see someone with his track record meekly giving advice only to see it knocked back, yet I DON'T believe he's there for fun.

Is he playing a waiting game? Is he hoping Auld Shoogly is about to pop his clogs-if so he may very well go first!! :)

....or could it be that he's already offered money to buy the club only to discover that true to form the asking price is way over the odds?

YER BARD

Then why the '****' remark ?

It's the usual so boring Mj having a go. We all know that when given the opportunity he didn't say a thing.

The question maybe valid but who on this board can give the answer?

Ask the powers that be and get off your trip Mj.

It would appear that Mortonjag's posts continue to be therapeutic for the borderline brain damaged and angst laden.

A point of information for you-Mr Donald is a well known, life time, and avid Rangers fan who reputedly tried to invest some ten million in the club a few years back.

If you object to me calling him a '****', I'm sorry to have offended you and would like to know which Scottish football team you support.

YER BARD

It would appear that Mortonjag's posts continue to be therapeutic for the borderline brain damaged and angst laden.

A point of information for you-Mr Donald is a well known, life time, and avid Rangers fan who reputedly tried to invest some ten million in the club a few years back.

If you object to me calling him a '****', I'm sorry to have offended you and would like to know which Scottish football team you support.

The usual abusive reply that I have come to expect from you.

Why do you refer to yourself in the third person?

I support Greenock Morton and have done so for my entire life. Born and bred Morton.

I was born in this town live in this town and support my local side. Unlike you my focus is positive. I don't waste time being negative in as many topics as you seem to haunt.

Come on Doc there are plenty of bad things in this world why don't you be positive and try and use your time and energy in a constructive way.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” Groucho Marx

The usual abusive reply that I have come to expect from you.

Why do you refer to yourself in the third person?

I support Greenock Morton and have done so for my entire life. Born and bred Morton.

I was born in this town live in this town and support my local side. Unlike you my focus is positive. I don't waste time being negative in as many topics as you seem to haunt.

Come on Doc there are plenty of bad things in this world why don't you be positive and try and use your time and energy in a constructive way.

sometimes it's hard for people to be "positive" about things that have so much negativity surrounding them.. just my opinion.. being positive can hide the fact that change is desired. and last thing.. it's ok to be negative about things. we all have the right to be what we want.

There are some questions that are too important, some truths too powerful, some messages too liberating, that they can never be heard for fear they might actually provide you with the freedom you desire and that 'they' then lose the dependence you have on them and for which they are rewarded. They lose the hold they have over you which keeps you spellbound and feeds their ego, their hunger for power and their raison d'etre.

- Think for Yourself, Ask Your own questions, Do Your own research! ...... Set Yourselves Free!

sometimes it's hard for people to be "positive" about things that have so much negativity surrounding them.. just my opinion.. being positive can hide the fact that change is desired. and last thing.. it's ok to be negative about things. we all have the right to be what we want.

I understand that. However to keep a balance we all need to be positive to balance Mj negativity.

Check out the threads he is currenty active in "Kirtsy Young" "Allan McManus" etc etc negative , negative negative.

What do I know? Apparently I am borderline brain damaged. :rolleyes:

Archived