Same Old Story - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Same Old Story

BishopTon

Through 4 successive managers now we have seen the same problem and not one of them has seen fit to fix it. Our central midfield is always a man down.

With the formation we are playing with Weatherson out of position, Miller lost, McLaren (lost in the first half) and Templeman lost (full stop) how can we expect to do anything again this year.

It is unbelievable that we were beaten easily in the 1st half by a bunch of amatuers.

Also Mclaren and Lilley need to show better discipline, both could have walked tonight.

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

Lilley's indiscipline has been shocking from day one back in a Morton shirt - he needs to curb that.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Also Mclaren and Lilley need to show better discipline, both could have walked tonight.

18113[/snapback]

Wasn't aware of it so much with Lilley, but McLaren def needs to keep his mouth shut. Fexake, he's an experienced professional, he's not a daft boy.

Between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Andy seems to know where the line is with talking back to the ref, all he needs to do now is learn to stop at it!! Many times the ref lets him go then he starts again and gets himself booked. Come on Andy, yer no daft and I think it's brilliant you get so worked up about the game, but it doesn't do us to have you sitting in the stand suspended!

I think we should sign a right back, or maybe give John Adam a try there, a left back, and then move Spoonsy into midfield along with A. Walker with Andy and Finlayson on the wings. I'm not convinced Millar is the superstar some people like to think he is.

AWMSC

McLaren needs to mature a lot in his play. He was like a huffy wee girl for most of the match. There was one point when the referee clearly wanted to speak to him and motioned about 4 times for him to go over but Andy didn't go - the sort of thing you scream abuse at an opposition player for doing - and it is just so pointless. I said to the guy next to me that that just pisses refs off and he would end up getting booked later on because of it.

McLaren has a habit of going in a wee mood when things don't go his way, not the best example to the younger players.

Andy needs to realise that he is absolutely essential to the team's performance here - he's not a fringe player, he's the main man.

We can't afford to lose our senior, more influential players to petty bookings.

Note to self - be nice to the opposition.

2 bookings in 12 games last season ain't really overly petulant.

Whilst he's been booked twice already this season, neither of those were in the league so they aren't particularly important as they don't add to the league suspension tally.

Same old story?

WHOOOAAA wait a minuite.

Isnt this the manager that has beaten St Mirren away? Gretna at home? Raith at home? Drew with Falkirk away?

Calm the bloody beans he is doing a FINE job... We cant win EVERY bloody match...

Give the guy some slack, he has morton doing better than ever... Sike.

Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.

It is unbelievable that we were beaten easily in the 1st half by a bunch of amatuers.

18113[/snapback]

This comment is more than a little disrespectful to Ayr United and one of the reasons why Morton supporters are so poorly thought of by fans of other teams in Division Two. The present Ayr United team may well contain a number of players who have recently come from the Junior ranks, but they are certainly NOT amateurs in either a literal or perjorative sense. sad.gif

I agree, I was very impressed with Ayr United last night and I'm not too despondent - the fact they can leave decent players like JOhn Maisano unused on the sub bench tells its own story.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Yep they were very professional in their outlook last night. PLayed with pace aggression and discipline, something our senior players lacked at times.

On Chris Millar, the 3 4 1 2 which it is, has him playing a much more withdrawn role. He is playing a totally different position from last year. He has to adapt, but that is why he is not such a goal threat. 4-3-1-2 may suit better.

Andy seems to know where the line is with talking back to the ref, all he needs to do now is learn to stop at it!! Many times the ref lets him go then he starts again and gets himself booked. Come on Andy, yer no daft and I think it's brilliant you get so worked up about the game, but it doesn't do us to have you sitting in the stand suspended!

I think we should sign a right back, or maybe give John Adam a try there, a left back, and then move Spoonsy into midfield along with A. Walker with Andy and Finlayson on the wings. I'm not convinced Millar is the superstar some people like to think he is.

18239[/snapback]

AND what about JIM ohmy.gif blink.gif

2006 - 2007 = Greenock Morton F.C. (1st Division Champions once again)

the main problem for me in the midfield boing a man down, is Mr MCLAREN.

great player on the ball, but off it(defending he is none exsiting). he plays the free role but he still needs to track back and help.

we rely to much on kevin and very much improved jim

just bounce if you hate the scum, just bounce if you hate the scum

the fact they can leave decent players like JOhn Maisano unused on the sub bench tells its own story.

18681[/snapback]

That was disappointing - I was hoping he'd come on and fcuk-up their corner kicks.

AT

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived