What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 301 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

from where and whence did that nugget come? i thought i was the guy with satchel of mystery tunes

Found this on wikipedia:

"The Satchel Songs as they are affectionately known amongst music aficionados are thought to be a collection of intimate Forza originals from his pre-Wheels period. A handful of these compositions were performed by a volatile, unnamed Gourock collective that boasted Forza on guitar, ex-Whiteout drummer Stuart "Silas" Smith on stick duty, slabs of thunder laid by veteran bass man Martin "Eat Yer Greens" McKinnon and Frazer "Twiddly Fingers" Roxbrugh with his trademark jerky guitar style providing rhythm. This highly combustible foursome proved to be short lived with tension between the band becoming unbearable, artistic differences were cited as the major source of friction between the musicians. After a particularly heated exchange, a furious Forza issued the band with the now legendary sign-off, "I'll take my songs and see you c*nts at number one". Little is known about these now mythic set of songs, but those who have had the rare opportunity to experiece them first hand have gushed that they evoke the spirit of a young Gram Parsons. The Satchel Songs collection gained its moniker due to the canvas satchel thought to be full of rock n roll nuggets that a leathered Forza would protectively clutch to his chest in the Kempock bar.

In answer to the La's track, its from a bootleg called The Kitchen Tapes. Its a bit ragged round the edges, but the quality of Mavers shines through. I think I'm The Key is the only one on it that was properly recorded. You can download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jogybtggw5d

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski

Found this on wikipedia:

"The Satchel Songs as they are affectionately known amongst music aficionados are thought to be a collection of intimate Forza originals from his pre-Wheels period. A handful of these compositions were performed by a volatile, unnamed Gourock collective that boasted Forza on guitar, ex-Whiteout drummer Stuart "Silas" Smith on stick duty, slabs of thunder laid by veteran bass man Martin "Eat Yer Greens" McKinnon and Frazer "Twiddly Fingers" Roxbrugh with his trademark jerky guitar style providing rhythm. This highly combustible foursome proved to be short lived with tension between the band becoming unbearable, artistic differences were cited as the major source of friction between the musicians. After a particularly heated exchange, a furious Forza issued the band with the now legendary sign-off, "I'll take my songs and see you c*nts at number one". Little is known about these now mythic set of songs, but those who have had the rare opportunity to experiece them first hand have gushed that they evoke the spirit of a young Gram Parsons. The Satchel Songs collection gained its moniker due to the canvas satchel thought to be full of rock n roll nuggets that a leathered Forza would protectively clutch to his chest in the Kempock bar.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

a few points though... smit was the singer and livi joined when fraser was just too rich to keep playing.transatlantic was the moniker and smit wrote most of the tunes ^_^ what's with the "eat yer greens" bit? i need to give the bold yin a call.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

a few points though... smit was the singer and livi joined when fraser was just too rich to keep playing.transatlantic was the moniker and smit wrote most of the tunes ^_^ what's with the "eat yer greens" bit? i need to give the bold yin a call.

You know wikipedia, they always get it wrong :rolleyes:

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski