What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 256 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

White Lies - To lose my life

Won't be long till I see them :D

Joe, are you going to see them on May 4th?

If you are, could you maybe post a wee review on here or pm me, as I'm not going to see them until May 23rd in Edinburgh. Ta.

Joe, are you going to see them on May 4th?

If you are, could you maybe post a wee review on here or pm me, as I'm not going to see them until May 23rd in Edinburgh. Ta.

I have watched live videos of them and I don't think neither of us will be disappointed...however Ill still give you an update :P.

Incidentally, I seen White Lies a couple of months ago, and frankly they made their album look like a testement to the skill of studios and producers than to their songs.

A handful of decent songs on said album though, but not particularly worth writing home about.

AWMSC

I have watched live videos of them and I don't think neither of us will be disappointed...however Ill still give you an update :P.

Thanks, Joe.

EanieMeany seemed to be a bit disappointed though.

Morrissey - Years of Refusal, with that gig coming up next week. :)

Thanks, Joe.

EanieMeany seemed to be a bit disappointed though.

Morrissey - Years of Refusal, with that gig coming up next week. :)

Probably the right word, really. I had expected much better of them from the few songs I had heard previously, but they just struck me as being a band who have been polished up so much off stage in everything from sound to image by someone or other who had them down as the "next big thing", but aren't really capable of replicating it when left to their own devices.

Similarly, hearing the album afterwards I was fairly underwhelmed. I suppose if your doing it the other way round, i.e, album first, live second, then you might be more impressed.

AWMSC

Mott the Hoople - All the way from Memphis

Mari Wilson (The Neasden Queen of Soul) - Baby its true

Kitty Daisy & Lewis - (Baby) Hold Me Tight

Edited by TaunTon