What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 358 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Johnny Marr's album.

Always a bit annoying when this happens - you try and get in to an album before the gig so you enjoy it, doesn't really happen, then weeks after the gig you finally get right in to the album. Some great tracks on this.

This one's a favourite, although it's probably to do with how good it sounded live:

d5nIfzcA3pc

New Town Velocity is worth a listen too.

JmBrxh1eoCQ

Dunno if its been mentioned already or even how old it is, but stumbled upon Bastille's album 'Bad Blood' last week. Absolutely love it and best album iv heard in yonks.

Bastille are tipped to be huge this year. Not heard their atuff yet but will check it out. My favourite new acts at the moment are Frightened Rabbit and Palma Violets.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

• 3 weeks later...

Went to see OMD at the Roundhouse last night. Top evening!

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Bastille are tipped to be huge this year. Not heard their atuff yet but will check it out. My favourite new acts at the moment are Frightened Rabbit and Palma Violets.

Seeing both at End of the Road this summer. Should be a good'un.

Guest David Edwards

Six to top off the bank holiday (f**k the bank but not the holiday):-

Dixie Chicks : Taking the long way round

Justin Townes Earle : Harlem River

Professor Longhair : Hey now Baby

Richie Havens : Handsome Johnny

Neil Young : Unknown Legend

Tom Waits : Heart Attack and Vine

And so I bid you goodnight. :D

Been listening to quite a bit of Paul Weller lately, hoping to go along and see him at Edinburgh Castle in July! Wild Wood and Stanley Road are favourites.

Maybe a wee bit unusual, but I've been listening to Hugh Laurie's new album, Didn't It Rain over the last few days. Thoroughly enjoyed the first release and love his passion for the genre he's covering, really comes over. He's got a decent singing voice and there's a few interesting guest vocalists.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Bastille are tipped to be huge this year.

Couple of absolutely tremendous songs but the rest is generic tripe. Could be hit or miss.

For anyone who likes genuine talent, check out Mike Masse on YouTube. Sings in a pizza shop but some of his cover versions are unbelievably good. His versions of Africa by Toto and No Rain by Blind Melon are pretty special. I reckon he'd be huge if he didn't look like Bill Bailey.

Edited by Boozehound

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Couple of absolutely tremendous songs but the rest is generic tripe. Could be hit or miss.

Exactly what I thought, think I've downloaded 2 songs from Bad Blood, but the rest I just thought, 'nah'.

I'm absolutely loving Breton and Dutch Uncles at the moment.

23JV25HH9_E

Ym9IKl52ifI

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant

Agree with this - really don't see what the hype is about other than one or two decent songs. Plama Violets are the same - indie music that has all been done before and a lot better at that. To me they sound like a poor mans Cribs!

Guest David Edwards
Maybe a wee bit unusual, but I've been listening to Hugh Laurie's new album, Didn't It Rain over the last few days. Thoroughly enjoyed the first release and love his passion for the genre he's covering, really comes over. He's got a decent singing voice and there's a few interesting guest vocalists.

Laurie's a second rate actor and a tenth rate musician, his covers are the palest shadows of the originals and would be ignored if he wasn't a semi famous tv 'personality'. You might gather from that I don't rate him too highly. :D

So I'll listen instead to six of the best:-

Laura Nyro : Gibsom Street

Moondog: Stomping Ground

Little Willie John: Need Your Love So Bad

Rising Sons: Statesboro Blues

Diana Krall: East of The Sun and West of The Moon

Johnny Winter: Riot in Cell Block No 9

Edited by David Edwards

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hell, it says a lot when I have to scroll down to page 2 to find this thread.

Tho' to be fair, if I was posting everything that I was listening to, I would be posting every day.

Tonight I've been listening to The Guillemots, Cast and Kraftwerk.