What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 350 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

Made up a wee playlist to take me back to my teenage years:

Little Boy Soldiers - The Jam

Little Billy - The Who

Fire Brigade - The Move

19th Nervous Breakdown - The Rolling Stones

You I'll Be Following - Love

Rock n Roll - The Velvet Underground

Become Like You - The Small Faces

Russian Spy and I - The Stairs

Just need a six pack of TL, 10 regal and I'm back in 1993 :D

What a song

Edited by bazooka

What a song

Agreed Baz J - and the BEST version is on VU - '1969 Velvets Live' : 6+ minutes of glorious madness @ Subbies every night @ Barr's Cottage for a whole year - 100+ nutters goin' nuts on the dancefloor, including the maids behind the bar!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

The new Noel Gallagher album. Inoffensive album, that doesn't stray too far from Oasis territory. Predictable, 60s influenced sound from a guy who ran out of ideas over 15 years ago. Pisses all over the lame effort from Beady Eye, but that isn't much of an achievement.

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski

The Lord Cut-Glass lp bypassed me somehow - about to order it from Amazon, along with The Delgados 'Hate', which I somehow also inexplicably missed!!!

It has arrived (along with Delgados 'Hate', that'll be on next) and indeed Sir Ocean, it is blasting out right now and is truly a thing of wonder, majesty and beauty...Cheers for the eyes-up!!!

Edited by Chris Davidson
European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Listened to the new Kate Bush album on spotify the other day. Can't work out if it is genius or pish. Bits of it are fantastic, but some bits just seem in there to annoy.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Nothing Ever Happens - Del Amitri, followed by The Boy in with the Arab Strap - Belle & Sebastian.

That's right, I'm old schooling it with my 90s music today B)

weird, i was listening to that album last night.

The future just ain't what it used to be

Rediscovering Dylan for the 100th time...

Ballad of a Thin Man

Billy 4

4th Time Around

If Not For You

My Back Pages

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski

Listened to the new Kate Bush album on spotify the other day. Can't work out if it is genius or pish. Bits of it are fantastic, but some bits just seem in there to annoy.

I know exactly what you mean, but I think if you persevere and give it a few more listens you'll really end up liking it a lot.

I've never really liked Kate Bush that much but I'd read a lot of really good reviews so thought I'd give it a listen to. Like you I didn't really know what to make of it at first, but I downloaded it anyway. Listened to it back and forth to work last week, and I must say I absolutely love it now. Definitely a slow burner.

I know exactly what you mean, but I think if you persevere and give it a few more listens you'll really end up liking it a lot.

I've never really liked Kate Bush that much but I'd read a lot of really good reviews so thought I'd give it a listen to. Like you I didn't really know what to make of it at first, but I downloaded it anyway. Listened to it back and forth to work last week, and I must say I absolutely love it now. Definitely a slow burner.

I have given it a few more listens. The genius definitely outweighs the other bits. But - Stephen Fry?

edit for predictive text

Edited by TAFKAC

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

A Christmas Gift for you from Phil Spector. Genius, before the guns and domestic violence really kicked in.

George Bernard Shaw

ST. VINCENT - Strange Mercy

AIR - Love 2

GIRLS - Broken Dreams Club

JONATHAN WILSON - Gentle Spirit

MAZES - A Thousand Heys

ST. JOHN'S AMBIENCE - St. John's Ambience

DEATH IN VEGAS - Trans-Love

THE WAR ON DRUGS - Slave Ambient

DAVID LYNCH - Crazy Clown Time

THE FIELD - Looping State Of Mind

JESUS & MARY CHAIN - Munki

EVERYTHING EVERYTHING - Man Alive

ADMIRAL FALLOW - Boots Met My Face

DESTROYER - Kaputt

M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming