What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 346 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

Glasvegas - Euphoric Heartbreak

Ryan, after spending a great day with you last Sunday, I gave Glasvegas another go. Sorry mate...I'd like to like them, but it's just not for me. :(

Edited by centralTON

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

Cast - All Change

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Listening to loads as usual this past week / weekend....

WILD SWANS - The Coldest Winter For A Hundred Years

PJ HARVEY - Let England Shake (LP of the year to date and will def win Mercury Prize!)

STEVIE WONDER - Talking Book

THE PAINS OF BEING PURE AT HEART - Belong

ANTLERS - Burst Apart

WIRE - Red Barked Tree

THE NAKED AND FAMOUS - Passive Me, Aggressive You

GIRLS - Album

MEW - Frengers

CRYSTAL CASTLES - Crystal Castles I

CRYSTAL CASTLES - Crystal Castles II

...plus others I don't recall - will start to make a daily list and post sum total on here every week!!! :lol:

Edited by Chris Davidson
European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

Just making playlists on iTunes this evening, had The XX album on before that.

Few hadn't heard in a while

Oasis - She's Electric (Live)

Bowie - Rebel Rebel (Reality Tour Live)

The Cars - Drive

Van Morrison - Bright Side of the Road

The South Bank Show Theme. Tremendous track, think it's on YouTube somewhere! :)

Pet Shop Boys - Suburbia

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Bon Iver - Bon Iver

Arcade Fire - Funeral

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Going to see Arcade Fire in a few weeks! :blush:

Good album.

Soldier Man - Shack

Confused of Greenock - I ADORE Shack and (previously, the magical Pale Fountains) - is this a Shack lp, or a groop called Soldier Man???

Edited by Chris Davidson
European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

Confused of Greenock - I ADORE Shack and (previously, the magical Pale Fountains) - is this a Shack lp, or a groop called Soldier Man???

It's the second song off the Shack album ...Here's Tom With The Weather. Great song and not nearly the best track on what I think is their best album.

Just in from night shift and setting up a wee playlist to send me off to sleep:

Joseph Arthur - Space Needle

The Congos - La La Bam Bam

Spacemen 3 - Soul 1

Psychic TV - Godstar

The Soft Boys - The Queen of Eyes

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski

It's the second song off the Shack album ...Here's Tom With The Weather. Great song and not nearly the best track on what I think is their best album.

Just in from night shift and setting up a wee playlist to send me off to sleep:

Joseph Arthur - Space Needle

The Congos - La La Bam Bam

Spacemen 3 - Soul 1

Psychic TV - Godstar

The Soft Boys - The Queen of Eyes

Waaaow, that is some playlist! Don't know Joseph Arthur (???) but adore Psychic TV and Spacemen 3 and 'Heart Of The Congos' is one of my fave lps ever.... 'Here's Tom With The Weather' is buried somewhere in The Record Room, but I'm off to dig it out right now!!!

Edited by Chris Davidson

Cracking tune, surprisingly!

WoImizvsj5w

It's a catchy tune but that's a lyrical disaster. I like it but it kind of annoys me at the same time.

"rubbishy lyrics... (running out of ideas, insert irrelevant reference to someone famous), yeah!"

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Waaaow, that is some playlist! Don't know Joseph Arthur (???) but adore Psychic TV and Spacemen 3 and 'Heart Of The Congos' is one of my fave lps ever.... 'Here's Tom With The Weather' is buried somewhere in The Record Room, but I'm off to dig it out right now!!!

Only heard Joseph Arthur pretty recently myself, I've like what I've heard so far. Aye, that Congos' album is a beauty been listening to it a fair bit this summer.

LIstening at the moment to a playlist of:

Jonathan Fire* Eater - Give Me Daughters

The Delgados - Under Canvas Under Wraps

Frankie & The Heartstrings - Tender

Bob Dylan - Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

Love - August

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski