What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 180 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

He is a disgrace to Alternative Rock, which is on the whole the best music genre - despite its shame. :)

Each to their own, not my cup of tea but I can respect that people have different tastes, except Morrissey/The Smiths - there are no redeeming features. He can't sing, the lyrics are truly awful, the music itself is very dull.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Each to their own, not my cup of tea but I can respect that people have different tastes, except Morrissey/The Smiths - there are no redeeming features. He can't sing, the lyrics are truly awful, the music itself is very dull.

Dull puts it perfectly. A short word to describe a short minded p***k. :rolleyes:

CentralTon can suck my central area. :)

:lol:

Explain. Listen to 'The Headmaster Ritual', 'Girl Afraid', 'Ask' etc. and I think you'll find the music is anything but 'very dull'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1MsuoNJQ3U

Anyone who says Morrissey's lyrics are "truly awful" is best ignored, frankly.

Awful Boring.

Edit: What I will say is, the music the smiths produced was great, just not a fan(allegidly) of the added lyrics. Johnny Marr was truely great and talented musician. Its just a shame he was partly responsible for the tiersome lyrics.

Edited by Tyrannous

Three "cheerful" songs out of how many?

B-O-R-I-N-G

Who said they were 'cheerful'? A song about corporal punishment is hardly cheerful!

"Belligerent ghouls

Run Manchester schools

Spineless swines

Cemented minds"

and

"Mid-week on the playing fields

Sir thwacks you on the knees

Knees you in the groin

Elbow in the face

Bruises bigger than dinner plates"

You and Samaras mentioned the music being dull, listen to this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ErN8QxjRsI anything but dull!

What dull Morrissey/Smiths songs do you know of?

Pish young Deegan, pish. Poor songwriters making poor songs.

Get a job, waster.

Anyone who says Morrissey's lyrics are "truly awful" is best ignored, frankly.

:wub:

Awful Boring.

"I said Charles, don't you ever crave

To appear on the front of the Daily Mail

Dressed in your Mother's bridal veil?"

Very boring, aye. Admit it, you know f*** all about The Smiths. Listen to the music before you claim they're 'boring', 'dull', 'awful' or whatever.

Awful Boring.

Edit: What I will say is, the music the smiths produced was great, just not a fan(allegidly) of the added lyrics. Johnny Marr was truely great and talented musician. Its just a shame he was partly responsible for the tiersome lyrics.

:blink:

Morrissey was the lyricist for The Smiths, Marr had nothing to do with it.

I'll pass.

I couldn't dig any song names out my cache, possibly down to fact its best to forget, but I've heard many a depressing lyric sang by that fud - and you can't deny that.

No, give some examples, sunshine.

Bono: "That's what I don't get. I don't get the miserable thing, at all... I find him very funny. 'Girlfriend in a Coma' when I heard it, I nearly crashed my car and ended up in a coma. He has that gift. That is not the mark of a miserable man. They're just miserable people that don't get the humour."

Edited by Deego

No, give some exampls, sunshine.

Bono: "That's what I don't get. I don't get the miserable thing, at all... I find him very funny. 'Girlfriend in a Coma' when I heard it, I nearly crashed my car and ended up in a coma. He has that gift. That is not the mark of a miserable man. They're just miserable people that don't get the humour."

Aye, back yourself up by quoting probably one of the biggest c***s on the planet. You'll get justice from that - not!

Names, no because in order to do that it would envolve listening to aload of gash in order to find and quote depressing lyrics, which i'm not prepared to spare precious time to do.

Edited by Tyrannous

Aye, back yourself up by quoting probably one of the biggest c***s on the plant. You'll get justice from that - not!

Names, no because in order to do that it would envolve listening to aload of gash in order to find and quote depressing lyrics, which i'm not prepared to spare precious time to do.

Which plant?

How many Smiths/Morrissey songs have you actually listened to? I bet you're another one of those people that sees the song title "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" and thinks Morrissey's lyrics must be depressing.