What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 121 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

I'll just have to live in hope a little longer.

Now playing, Ian Dury and the Blockheads - Sweet Gene Vincent

Superb mate! new boots and panties, what an album

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

"the holy bible" - manic street preachers.

this was famous for being richey's album but that's not right.

it's james dean bradfield at his snarling, melodic, fret scorching best.

regardless of what you're into this is the business :)

Average White Band - Person to Person.

I would love to be able to write a song that mixed the funk of their tunes, the harmonies of the Beach Boys and the dance beats of the Roses, combined with the power of the Who and lyrics with the class of The Jam. If anyone knows of any tunes like that please advise!!

Forza/anyone else - I haven't heard too much by the Manics apart from the Greatest Hits and the last album tbh, but love what I have heard and keep hearing about how good their early stuff was, so whats the best album to get? Also, likewise for REM, I've got quite a few of their latest offerings which I really like even though they've got a bit of a slagging, so whats the best of their early stuff? Electron Blue from Around The Sun is immense btw, gonna put that on now!

AWMSC

I would love to be able to write a song that mixed the funk of their tunes, the harmonies of the Beach Boys and the dance beats of the Roses, combined with the power of the Who and lyrics with the class of The Jam. If anyone knows of any tunes like that please advise!!

Hard to encompass all that into one song, but there's a few tunes on this album that nearly manage it. :) Try and download the EP or LP version of "Lazarus". The way the dub builds and then the horns start. It gives me shivers up my spine just thinking about it now.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&a...10:anftxq8gldke

Ladies and gennelmen, the greatest album you never heard. My favourite ever.

Beach Boys harmonies? Check.

Funk and dance beats? Check.

Power of the Who? There are songs on here that will make your ears bleed and your speakers surrender. :) Check.

Mr Carr is one of my favourite lyricists, check.

The perfect album. Trust me and buy it, Eanie, you don't like it I'll give you your money back. :)

Forza/anyone else - I haven't heard too much by the Manics apart from the Greatest Hits and the last album tbh, but love what I have heard and keep hearing about how good their early stuff was, so whats the best album to get? Also, likewise for REM, I've got quite a few of their latest offerings which I really like even though they've got a bit of a slagging, so whats the best of their early stuff? Electron Blue from Around The Sun is immense btw, gonna put that on now!

I loved "Gold Against The Soul" by the Manics, very catchy stuff, Roses in the hospital is a great song, there's not a duffer on there. Then there's the obligatory "Everything Must Go" but that's not really classed as early...

re REM - I really liked that Electron Blue song too, but was put off the album by the stinking reviews. "Reveal" was a great cd, but the one before that, Up? i think was a bit bland.

Hard to keep up that level of music tht will appeal to everyone though, over so long. From what I'm hearing, the new album is shaping up to be similarly raw to "Monster", a great album. Really liked REM around tht time.

Edited by DongaTon

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

five thirty - psycho cupid

if ever there was a great lost band it's five thirty

they emerged at the arse end of "baggy" and were doomed to be also rans.

brilliant band that some of u may remember cos they played the bay. dingus.dmc.donga??????

Saw them a couple of years ago at the C.Academy(Elbow). Utterly woeful sound;me and the moosis left as 'Newborn' was being obliterated by the acoustics. Couldn't stand it any more and left the gig (never done before) and vowed never to return to the C.Academy. Still haven't returned, and won't unless eg. The Smiths reform and play there.

Hope this weeks gig's better.

I can honestly say it was one of the best gigs i've been to. Elbow were absolutely perfect. The ABC is a brilliant venue, almost as good as the Barrowlands. I must've been to about a dozen there in the last year. Fantastic.

THe only gripe...Ticketmaster tickets, BORING! I yearn the days when tickets were collectable.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

Arctic Monkeys - The Bad Thing

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Arctic Monkeys - Riot Van

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are