What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 394 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

Bit rubbish, don't you think?

Pleasant enough wee tune but lyrically very weak I thought. Get the impression he can't really be arsed any more.

I genuinely felt I was a bit harsh on you and was a wee bit remorseful for calling you a Dickhead recently, but not after that comment. The guy is still a genius and that song is just sheer evidence.

Sea. Get in. Now.

It's my new favourite song.

^^^ This.

I was genuinely reluctant to press play just in case I didn't like it. It is very rare that I hear a new song that I like, the last one being New Order's "Singularity" from last year. The old yin still has it. Happy Days. :thumbup2:

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

Seriously though, someone else said pretty much the same as CHC to me on Saturday night. He compared it to his earlier stuff, but I reckon people always overlook the fact that for every Suedehead you have a Dagenham Dave, or a Roy's Keen, or a You're the One for Me, Fatty...

Still as good as ever for me, and I reckon his band is the strongest it's ever been.

No bus, no boss, no rain, no train...

Seriously though, someone else said pretty much the same as CHC to me on Saturday night. He compared it to his earlier stuff, but I reckon people always overlook the fact that for every Suedehead you have a Dagenham Dave, or a Roy's Keen, or a You're the One for Me, Fatty...

Still as good as ever for me, and I reckon his band is the strongest it's ever been.

No bus, no boss, no rain, no train...

All three of those were great songs too.

If those songs were written by an individual or band of lesser genius, say Oasis or The Stone Roses, they would be considered classics, however it is Morrissey. One half of Morrissey and Marr. The genius behind This Charming Man, How Soon is Now? and The Queen is Dead. He is allowed songs like these. Even Zinedine Zidane had his 'run-of-the-mill' games throughout his career.

*insert signature here*

All three of those were great songs too.

If those songs were written by an individual or band of lesser genius, say Oasis or The Stone Roses, they would be considered classics, however it is Morrissey. One half of Morrissey and Marr. The genius behind This Charming Man, How Soon is Now? and The Queen is Dead. He is allowed songs like these. Even Zinedine Zidane had his 'run-of-the-mill' games throughout his career.

Agree, but they probably fit CHC's description of "pleasant enough wee tune but lyrically very weak". The new album will be quality, I can't wait.

• Upvote 1

Agree, but they probably fit CHC's description of "pleasant enough wee tune but lyrically very weak". The new album will be quality, I can't wait.

But I don't see any of them being 'Lyrically Weak'. Dare I say it, but I reckon his current offering is equally as strong as How Soon is Now? in its lyrics. He has got something to say about the media of today, and as always he's worth listening to whatever he has to say.

*insert signature here*

as always he's worth listening to whatever he has to say.

A torn-faced vegan loser who was last relevant in the Jurassic period? Seems unlikely tbh.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A torn-faced vegan loser who was last relevant in the Jurassic period? Seems unlikely tbh.

No, the guy is a winner. He is a multi-millionaire, has penned several classic hits and albums, and can sell out big concert venues within hours of the tickets going on sale. All this without even the occasional Steak Pie or Chicken supper.

A torn-faced loser is someone who concocts fantasy stories about playing for Greenock Juniors, when in fact she's a daft cow sitting around waiting for the One-o-one to open.

Get it right.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

*insert signature here*

No, the guy is a winner. He is a multi-millionaire, has penned several classic hits and albums, and can sell out big concert venues within hours of the tickets going on sale. All this without even the occasional Steak Pie or Chicken supper.

A torn-faced loser is someone who concocts fantasy stories about playing for Greenock Juniors, when in fact she's a daft cow sitting around waiting for the One-o-one to open.

Get it right.

More comedy gold from the Michelin Man who probably spent his day penning ads for slurry pits.

• Downvote 10

More comedy gold from the Michelin Man who probably spent his day penning ads for slurry pits.

It beats changing a grown man's diapers. Back of the net.

Eric's had a sex change!?

Yes, she's like Hayley out of Coronation Street.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

*insert signature here*

The Wannadies - You and me song

Izzy Bizu - White tiger

The Ruts - West one

Ruts DC playing in Cardiff tonight (not too far from you ?) and they're touring up until November. Still producing new stuff too.

• Downvote 3

Show Racism the Red Card

Ruts DC playing in Cardiff tonight (not too far from you ?) and they're touring up until November. Still producing new stuff too.

I'm enjoying your work on PieNbovril this weather. You are nothing if not amusing.

*insert signature here*

Absolutely loved Ghostpoet's album 'Shedding Skin' a couple of years ago and spent most of this week trying to get into his new album Dark Days + Canapés. First time I heard it I thought 'meh', second time I thought 'naw bad', but took a few plays before I really started to get into it... think I'm going to end up loving it.